Thread: PIP And agoraphobia

PIP And agoraphobia

I have applied for PIP and was refused, even after a reconsideration. I feel like the questions they asked was ll based on physical disability and although i can physically go to the toilet etc by myself, someone has to always be there with me. I have anxiety about being on my own and cannot walk more than a few yards from my house with causing severe distress, or into big shops etc. How is it some people get PIP and others dont?

Any help or advice please

Re: PIP And agoraphobia

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It works by a score. You must score 8 or more on your questions
    PND - Dignosed 2014
    Health Anxiety - Diagnosed 2014

You may think im greedy, but I didnt choose these disorders, they chose me

I have agoraphobia (3 1/2 years now) and applied for PIP in January. I was refused as well. I've made the decision not to appeal. In hindsight I should have applied for it right at the beginning of the agoraphobia as I spent 18 months completely housebound. (I didn't apply then because I was a panicky mess at the time and had enough stress and trauma sorting out ESA without going through it all again for PIP.) I am now able to get a limited distance from the house now but I am still very restricted in terms of going places and travelling. PIP seemed to me to be very heavily biased towards physical illnesses as well and there seemed to be very little provision for fluctuations in ability to function in situations on a given day.

I had my P I P assessment today and totally agree that it doesn't recognise's people's physical ability.

The questions the asessor asked were too detailed and even though she could see how petite I am, she didn't understand it. It is not food related but from what she was saying, she made me feel bad about my health condition, with "small" comments. I can't help the way my bones are!

Glad I don't have to have any more assessments. Todays assessment has really taken it out of me.

Had an ESA assessment, a few months ago.

Thread Information