Thread: Self Help book

Self Help book

I went to the library today as I am interested in reading/studying and finding information on Mindfulness. I came across a book that I am reading now called "GET THE LIFE YOU WANT, finding meaning & purpose through Acceptance and Commitment Therapy".

It is an interesting book which helps overcome depression and stress. I looked at topics at the back of the book to help in my search and found it very interesting read. I like the way the author has helped me understand mindfulness in it's true sense.

LIFE IS Learning, Individually, For Eternity. [/SIZE]

Re: Self Help book

Have a look at the works of Jon Kabat-Zinn's MBSR and Professor Mark Williams' MBCT.

These combine with CBT and are well recognised forms of therapy. MBCT, for instance, is recognised by NICE for treating recurrent depression and has a load of evidence for anxiety as well.

ACT therapy involves letting the symptoms be there without reacting, which is a hallmark of the best anxiety therapies out there. (Claire Weeks, Paul David, Jim Folk, etc.)

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

There's also a lot of good ACT-therapy related video on Youtube if people want to know more. I like the concept, myself.

I found some mindfulness meditations on youtube. I can't seem to get through books that tell you what to do, I'd rather just find time to meditate myself

Thread Information