Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CA125 worries

CA125 worries

My CA125 cancer marker is higher than normal (47). I've had food intollerance for 2 years and had it under control through diet. However, recently had groin area pain and unusual late period with lots of period pain througout the month. Had an ultra sound and all clear on ovaries, but really worried its my bowel or colon as its always swelling ....anyone experience elevated CA125 and problems with tummy?

Re: CA125 worries

What have the doctor's said about it being high?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Did you have the scan before your blood tests results came back?

I had the CA125 test yesterday. My GP warned me that it is NOT a screening test, and can give false negatives - and not to go into a panic if it came back positive.

Have you had any other tests, eg faecal calprotectin?

Just normal blood tests and the scan was after blood tests but clear. But I do have food issues with wheat and dairy so now worried it's a sign of something nasty in my bowel or colon. The dr has referred me to gynae and I have an appt Monday to talk about my bowel and possible tests as so worried. X x

It's not surprising you're worried - anyone would be.
    It's good you are being seen quickly. Hopefully, it's a false positive, caused by something benign.
    How long have you been having symptoms?

A pain into lower left abdomen for a couple of months but was putting it down to bowel but bowel issues for 2 years but had hot better not eating fruit and dairy x so not sure if this us gynae or bowel and test has thrown me x

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Also very late period for first time and period type pains throughout month x very unusual for me x

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Also very late period for first time and period type pains throughout month x very unusual for me x

From what I've read, various factors can influence the test result - endometriosis, IBD, being close to your period, ovarian cysts etc.
    HAS your GP suggested repeating the test?
    It's good news that your scan was fine, so hopefully it's nothing sinister.

Does your pain come and go, or is it constant? Any bowel issues - diarrhoea, constipation, blood?

If I was to eat wheat and dairy or onions I get dreadful spasms and tummy ache and constant nausea but no diorreah but occasional constipation, but I just avoid it all so the latest symptoms are not food but bowel and ovary same area so hard to say which it is x worse if I walk or swim too. Just throbs x

I was chatting online to a friend last night who is in the final year of studying to be a GP. She is actually swotting for an obs and gynae exam tomorrow, so very relevant!
    Anyway, she told me to bear in mind that lots of things cause elevations in the CA125 test. I hope that reassures you.xx

Thank you x x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information