Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magnesium helped me

Re: Magnesium helped me

See that is where I am getting really confused with all of this... The mag taurage, or glycinate.. You are saying it basically mag mixed with an amino acid, and its basically a combination.. i remember reading someone say that in the mix of taurate, 90 percent has to be Taurine, and only 10 percent is magnesium. So two pills at 125.. 250mg's.. 10 percent of that is hardly anything.. do you think that there is a difference between Taurate, and taurine.. that magnesium is its own compound?? That it isn't really x amount of mag, verse x taurine.. but ends up being its own compound that absorbs better so you don't need as much mag and taurine seperately? Just a guess theory.. None of the vitamins I have seen thus far ever give a break down of how much magnesium or taurine, or glycine is in it separately... very confused.. I don't have a clue what to get anymore.

Tyre zma it's cheap and works for me,to much taurine can disturb you sleep

Never even heard of ZMA.. thats with zinc right? that seems like its opening up another box.. everything is so damn complicated and the deeper you go the more confusing and less people really have a clue.. I want something for anxiety/panic attacks/ heart racing attacks.. arrythmias,, better sleep.. calming.. better mood...

I might just get natural calm by natural vitality and a 500mg taurine suppliment.. that natural calm has like 2000 reviews on amazon and mostly positive.. People seem to be getting a benefit from that drink.. which is supposedly an (ionic citrate powerder in water)... I was thinking of getting the mag taurate to keep life simple.. but 125mg mag taurate means =? 10mg magensium per pill? if it were that low why do people have good results on it. maybe they are listing the actual elemental magnesium you get?

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinX View Post
    Never even heard of ZMA.. thats with zinc right? that seems like its opening up another box.. everything is so damn complicated and the deeper you go the more confusing and less people really have a clue.. I want something for anxiety/panic attacks/ heart racing attacks.. arrythmias,, better sleep.. calming.. better mood...

I might just get natural calm by natural vitality and a 500mg taurine suppliment.. that natural calm has like 2000 reviews on amazon and mostly positive.. People seem to be getting a benefit from that drink.. which is supposedly an (ionic citrate powerder in water)... I was thinking of getting the mag taurate to keep life simple.. but 125mg mag taurate means =? 10mg magensium per pill? if it were that low why do people have good results on it. maybe they are listing the actual elemental magnesium you get?
    Reviews are generally good for Zma,it's a well know supplement
    http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutr...stomer-reviews

To answer about the other pill.. it says it on amazong

Chelated Magnesium 200mg by Carlson Laboratories 180 Tablet Magnesium is an essential mineral important for many normal body functions including maintaining proper heart rhythm neuromuscular transmission food metabolism and growth. 200 mg magnesium is provided from 1111 mg magnesium glycinate chelate

So im assuming some companies list the actual magensium you are getting.. others give you a total.. Im assuming the one by cardio research must be 125mg mag.. from mag taurate.. has to be..

---------- Post added at 03:45 ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 ----------

Well... I just pulled the trigger.. I got the carlsons 200mg mag glycinate.. and i just got a random 1000mg suppliment on ebay from now foods.. It had a high rating and they all seemed the same... So hopefully i made the right choice for now.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinX View Post

Taurine is the amino acid itself, whereas as taurate is when is is bound (chelated) to the magnesium. Where magnesium is on its own, its not a chelated version.

Yes, the chelated versions are absorbed by the body more efficiently which explains why they are in lower volumes but they are also more expensive to produce which could also be a factor in the cost per volume to the customer.

Some I have seen do have a breakdown, I always avoid products that don't tell you as you can end up with this useless 10% issue that you mention.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cardiovascular-Research-Ltd-Magnesium-Potassium-Taurate-60-Capsules-/400738968250?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Suppleme nts&hash=item5d4de762ba

That doesn't have a 9:1 ratio taurine to magnesium so there are manufacturers doing it in different ways.

Its just pretty hard to find this version.

Taurine on its own is in higher volumes most likely because its been used in the bodybuilding sector for decades. It won't absorb as well as the taurate version which may also explain why the volume is much higher.

This is one that seems to have a very high amount of taurine in and a pretty decent level of magnesium too.

Bare in mind that the less soluble forms of magnesium may not be better because they are in higher volumes. The chloride version looks interesting though as its much more soluble than these, otherwise the protein seeking versions seem best for absorbability as well as the additional benefits of the amino acids they are bound to.

Honestly, the supplement market is always like this...a maze!!!

On the link you showed me, it doesn't say how much actual magnesium is in it does it? Maybe I am going blind.. It says mag taurate 90mg.. from what i understand.. there is a certain MG of mag, and mG of taurine.. if they are writing 90 mg .. im assuming they are giving the amount of magnesium..

I bought the mag glycinate and taurine seperately.. but maybe i should have just stuck to the cardiovascular one.. oh well.. one pill is more simple than two.. and I have a supplement now that give me 100mg mag citrate in a multivitamin.

Sorry Paladin, just spotted its 2 chelated versions! I avoided posting one like that earlier. So, I'm not sure of which of the 2 breakdowns is going to be the ratio of potassium to magnesium and taurine to magnesium.

I meant to post this one though http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3909186080...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT which does show the separate values. This one is quite common on Ebay & Amazon but they never post the breakdown so I had to do some searching to turn this one up and leave in in my watchlist for future reference. So, some of the ones with no breakdown can be found if you keep Googling but its a pain!

See what works, when you finish one, switch to another as you'll have more time to search around.

Yeah I hear what you are saying.. I think from common sense.. the cardio research one.. the mag taurate must be 125mg magensium per pill.. which is more than the biocare brand.. it seems that all the mag taurates have a higher taurine content.. so i doubt every much 125mg is the combined magtaurate.. it must be the magnesium content you are actually getting. i could be wrong, but that is my guess..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information