Thread: No Longer Taking Anti-inflammatory Meds

No Longer Taking Anti-inflammatory Meds

Hey Guys,

I used to suffer from ulcerative colitis. I knew it was related to my anxiety because whenever I was going through a particularly stressful time it would flare up. However since lowering my anxiety considerably I no longer take ay meds for it.

I appear to have gone back to normal. Itīs amazing how my anxiety was affecting my digestve system. I follow Calire Weekes method and try to accept my anxiety. To let it be there and not try to do anything about it!

Do any of you guys have health issues that is affected by your anxiety?

Jon
    Please see my blog to read about the techniques which have helped me be able to leave my house, travel to the other side of the world, become a teacher, and speak in front of 50 plus people. http://therightinnervoice.com/

Re: No Longer Taking Anti-inflammatory Meds

Quote Originally Posted by jonjones View Post
    Yes I've been diagnosed with BFS after a positive EMG, which is a type of PNH resultant of anxiety. It's caused months of worry that it was something more serious after a very bad GP mentioned some scary stuff to me which has since been ruled out.

Hey Guys,

I used to suffer from ulcerative colitis. I knew it was related to my anxiety because whenever I was going through a particularly stressful time it would flare up. However since lowering my anxiety considerably I no longer take ay meds for it.

I appear to have gone back to normal. Itīs amazing how my anxiety was affecting my digestve system. I follow Calire Weekes method and try to accept my anxiety. To let it be there and not try to do anything about it!

Jon
    I have Crohn's and I am sure I can pinpoint exactly when it started and what caused it, which was a specific traumatic event that followed a long period of stress.
    I am technically in remission, but in the last month have had symptoms and anxiety as a result of the distress caused by the death of a friend from breast cancer.

Hi Serenity and Chickpea,

Yea, for me it all started when I was studying for exams. And then my flare-ups were also at exam times.

I donīt want to offer you false hope. But for me lowering my anxiety made all the difference!

Iīm just curious as to how you guys approach dealing with your anxiety?

Best,

Jon
    Please see my blog to read about the techniques which have helped me be able to leave my house, travel to the other side of the world, become a teacher, and speak in front of 50 plus people. http://therightinnervoice.com/

Hi Serenity and Chickpea,

Yea, for me it all started when I was studying for exams. And then my flare-ups were also at exam times.

I donīt want to offer you false hope. But for me lowering my anxiety made all the difference!

Iīm just curious as to how you guys approach dealing with your anxiety?

Best,

Jon

Hi Jon,

I deal with my anxiety by realising it is just that - anxiety. So, I keep occupied, try to get out of the house (being outside seems to put things in much better perspective somehow), practise mindfulness and acceptance, relaxation, try to stay engaged with my children and husband etc.
    Not always easy, but my experience is that carrying on life as normal works well and reassures my nerves that nothing's changed. The worst thing I can do when anxious is to stay at home, ruminating and trawling the internet looking for solutions and answers.

Hi,

Yes acceptance is the key!

Practise letting the anxiety happen but not adding to it, not trying to take away from it. Leave it to its own devices.

Just take deep breathsand exhale slowly, let go of tension by sagging shoulders, arms, tummy muscles etc.

You seem to be on the right road. One pice of advice I would ike to share with you would be to keep a diary of times when you have anxiety but cope with yourself the right way and see it through.

This will help you build confidence and anxiety will lose its grip on you.

Then next time you enter a stressful situation you can say to yourself, ĻIve been here before and got through it, so i can do it again!Ļ And you can!!

Best,

Jon

Thread Information