Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel like something isn't right??

Feel like something isn't right??

Hi guys,

Just a bit of advice really

So for the last 3 months I've been very depressed and waking up every day with panic attacks, had excessive guilt and excessive worry.

Lately I've been better, no more morning panic attacks ect.
    However I've got this feeling, it's like something isn't right, like I'm worried but don't know what about?? I keep trying to search myself to find out what I'm worried about but I'm coming up empty!

Does anyone else ever feel like this? Any tips?

Thanks

Re: Feel like something isn't right??

Do you have any coping strategies? I'm beginning to think I'm going crazy, and that maybe I'm not suffering with mental I'll ess but I'm just doomed to be miserable

I feel like this now. I get bad dreams with it, sometimes I just have the feeling something's wrong and then it goes off of it's own accord if you give it no attention. If you just let it pass it will just go. Perhaps instead of coping strategies, you need to beat it by smiling through it, reassuring yourself with affirmations, don't give in to researching it or dwelling on it as then you will inevitably become more and more introverted. Don't let it trap you. It's a trap!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

The way I get round it is by telling myself that it's a normal symptom of depression. That feeling is there as a reaction to other things going wrong. I tell myself in a nice kind voice (in my head usually!) that everything is going to be fine/you have remembered everything/whatever the situation demands.

I also get this. When I feel like this I tend to get into negative thought cycles and start to feel hopeless and everything gets more and more difficult.
    The best but also the hardest thing to do is do the opposite of what your mind is telling you. So your mind says you are too worried to go and meet your friends. You just want to stay home because you won't enjoy yourself because you're too worried about because you're anxious you will end up feeling awful and wishing you were home. So go out and see your friends anyway. As lion and pancho says, don't get sucked into your thoughts!

For me o find it so difficult, I mean logically I know that I need to not dwell on thoughts, or research them and just let them exist as background noise, but emotionally I can't do it! I have been this way as long as I can remember! I am hormonal at the moment (totm) so maybe that makes it worse!
    I found that I used to visit this forum called stuck in a doorway and I had suh a large community of friends, that has shut down now so I have ventured on here. I think sometimes I just need reassuring that all really is ok, and I'm not the only one suffering. Sometimes I find it so hard to believe I do suffer with mental illness, part of me worries I'm not Ill I just am like this cos I'm a bad person! Agh so frustrating!!!! I appreciate all your answers! It's nice to see I'm not alone

Oh yes hormones send me completely irrational. I worry about the strangest things but at the time it seems so important. So remind yourself when you're hormonal, it isn't a very reliable thought!

I think a lot of people struggle to come to terms with the thought of having a mental illness. Even I hate it and refused to accept that for years. But what is normal? Everyone suffers from mental Ill health at some point in their lives whether they realise it or not! We are just the lucky ones that get to deal with it more often and with more severity!

Yes, its a normal feeling with Anxiety. What makes it worse, is we then start searching for a reason for this feeling, then our Mind become all jumbled and frantic and then our co-ordination goes, then the emotions start to flare up, then there's the exhaustion and depression. Absolutely normal Anxiety. Best thing to do is just accept it and let is pass.

Do you have GAD? If so, then this is likely to be part of that. I can have 24/7 worry about nothing, its just there. Distraction is useful, get up and do something, go for a walk, etc.

I tend to notice this more when the "buzzing" is present from excess adrenaline and it tends to be when I am sitting around.

I haven't officially been diagnosed with GAD but I have self diagnosed it. I also suffer depression. I'm currently on 40mg of citalopram and have diazepam for when I really need it. Woke up this morning feeling a little panicked. I can't work it out. I suddenly feel guilty over everything and worry over everything. I hope that eventually I can stop being tortured by my own thoughts. Problem is when I'm like this I just want to be alone. This latest spell of illness has been 3 months now, and although I'm markedly better than when it hit ( I can get through my days) I just want to be worry free. It's so frustrating

Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information