Thread: Jaw pain

Jaw pain

Has anyone experienced jaw pain on prozac or ssris? This is my 4th try at one and many have been giving me jaw pain. I haven't been able to stay on any of them long enough to see if this side effect will go away.

Thanks.

Re: Jaw pain

I to had a bit of jaw pain for a few weeks I'm on week 6.4 now and it's gone so I'd say just stick with it, all the best

Check you're not clenching your teeth. ADs make me do this and I always get jaw ache.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I found that chewing gum really helped to relieve this. So it is probably from tension, like Pip says. See if chewing gum releases this, and give it time?... Good to hear from you, Pip! I guess you've been keeping busy so I hope you're doing well! Still doing the rounds with the doggy daily?
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by SADnomore View Post
    I found that chewing gum really helped to relieve this. So it is probably from tension, like Pip says. See if chewing gum releases this, and give it time?... Good to hear from you, Pip! I guess you've been keeping busy so I hope you're doing well! Still doing the rounds with the doggy daily?
    Marie
    Sure am and it's 2 dogs now! Good advice about the chewing gum - I find it helps, together with poking my tongue between my front teeth. Odd but it stops me clenching my teeth. This is about the only side effect I still have and it's a real pain. Literally

Pip xx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for the gum advise. I had read that ssris can tense the muscles to gum might help. I will report back.

Thread Information