Thread: Numb Tingly Chin

Numb Tingly Chin

I have been suffering from a numb tingly chin for the past 6 weeks, I went to the doctors who did alot of blood tests, I told him I had googled it and it came back Numb Chin Syndrome a sign of cancer! He seemed to dismiss that and instead just did the blood tests which all came back fine. The tingly numb feeling comes and goes, but if I go out in coldish weather it seems to get worse, I don't have any other symptoms nor do I feel stressed or anxious, I have suffered terribly in the past with Heath Anxiety so I am pretty much freaking out about this...has anyone has something similar?

Re: Numb Tingly Chin

This can happen due to hyperventilation. A common symptom of hyperventilation is numbness/tingling in the face and extremities. When it happens, try to breathe slower and deeper.

Try this exercise when you are feeling really anxious or experiencing the tingling. Breathe in to a count of 4 seconds, wait 3 seconds, breathe out to a count of 6 seconds and wait 3 seconds before repeating. If you find this difficult, it is likely that you are hyperventilating. If that is the case, the best way to manage it is to practice breathing at a slower and deeper rate with the exercise I just described. If you find it really difficult, just start with breathing in for 3 seconds, wait 1 seconds, and out for 4 seconds, wait 1 second before breathing in again. Then just increase the seconds as it becomes easier. This could take a fair bit of practice, but if you set aside 5-10 minutes a couple of times a day to practice it will become easier

Re: Numb Tingly Chin

Did you ever find the cause? I have numb chin with other symptoms and I am terrified!

Thread Information