hello all,

I really need some advice on my dilemma here. As some of you may know, my boyfriend's parents live in Malaysia. I have been there twice before and had an amazing experience both times. Both of these trips were made before I started suffering from panic attacks. But, my boyfriend and his mum really want us to go to Malaysia for two weeks in December prior to Christmas. Normally, I would be over the moon about the idea but with panic attacks, I'm not too sure. I have travelled quite a bit since I've had panic attacks. I've been to the US to see my relatives (I'm American) and I've been to Paris a few times as my parents live there. However, Malaysia is a completely different kettle of fish for me. Although I have been there a few times, it isn't exactly one of those places where I feel comfortable. It's a 13 hour flight and just the idea scares me!! It's also a place that is completelty different from the Western world and that makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Also, I feel like I should be seeing my own parents at Christmas. My boyfriend has suggested that we go to Malaysia for a few weeks prior to Christmas and that we then go to Paris for Christmas. That sounds like a great idea but it also sounds like a lot of travelling for an agoraphobic!! If I don't go, I'll feel like I'm letting my boyfriend and his family down but I'm too scared to commit myself to the idea.

Any suggestions? Should I say [Yes!] or [No]?

Sarah (seh1980)