Thread: Osteosarcoma knee thigh stiff/tight

Osteosarcoma knee thigh stiff/tight

Well I saw the movie "fault In our stars" , WHY IN THE F DID I WATCH THAT? It made me notice that I have. Actually been having this weird pressure above my left knee for a while, also I'm afraid it has spread to my lungs because I've been having constant chest pains. As u all know I go to the dr a lot , but I'm not going for this cuz I'm scared, I read that it's more common in taller kids who are growing, I'm SHORT! I'm 19 and I've been 5'6 for the longest....also my apetite is till fluctuating a lot and I pretty much feel like crap everyday still...so idk. But I'm not going back to the dr...... If I do have it then oh well.,,,,,gonna have to kill me I'm so tired of this... Also just hawked up some metallic tasting sputum with a Little blood in it. But I so have allergies but can any of you know share what u kno about this terrible disease ??

Re: Osteosarcoma knee thigh stiff/tight

I'm dealing with the exact same thing, though i haven't googled anything about possible causes, and naturally this post made my anxiety soar through the roof. I've been having the symptoms on/off for about a month, tightness - in what feels like growing pains - around the lower front thigh where it connects with the kneecap and then a strange burning sensation higher up on my thigh and sometimes pains that feel muscular in that whole general area, but that I can't pinpoint with my fingers. All these things are intermittent and usually subside during sleep (i don't wake from them at least, so I guess they're not there) and seem to go away when I'm properly engaged with doing other things. I have all manor of tremble/tremors and odd feelings in both legs previously this year, but they are not present at the moment. Given that and the flimsy and random nature of my symptoms have afforded me to believe it's purely anxiety and conversion on my part - also i recently made a lifestyle change and now spend most working hours on my feet, which can probably lead to a number of symptoms and and sensations, as well. But, like I said, this post has now got me completely riled up to the point of planning my own funeral.
    It also made me book a time at my doctor for tomorrow, which I should probably have done ages ago. Now the waiting game is killing me, SO PLEASE SOMEONE, put my mind at rest and tell me you've had similar symptoms and gotten off the hook. I'm a wreck right now.

I'm so sorry I didn't mean to raise your fears!!!!! Please let me know how your dr visit goes please please I know that it will ease ur mind and mine if u let me know what they say! Deep down I know it's my anxiety also because I sleep like a baby at night and cancer pains don't come an go they get worse,, I was just asking for informational purposes! Please relax we are both fine, just a little scared right now

So the appointment went fine. My Doctor made me feel silly, in the good way I was hoping for and didn't recognize any of my symptoms as in any way being linked with any of my fears. He was however stern about hammering home how irrational my way of coping with the niggles and sensations of the human body is.
    I'm still worried of course! :d as I still have symptoms, but I'm going to really try and drown them out and not let them lead me down the usual road to mental hell.
    One trick, I thought might by handy for people on here, is that I brought my wife to the appointment; partially for support, but mainly because I've left doctor's office in the past, where I've more or less consciously blocked out the redeeming parts and focused solely on whatever tiny bits weren't 100% 'you're fine'-exclamations. This way, I can't second guess anything. So if you have someone with whom you have a trusted relationship, I really reccomend that.

The only not super great part was getting a ultrasound referral for a small cyst or post football injury-scar tissue I have on my right thigh tendon. But he said it was nothing and that he wouldn't har given it to me, we're it not for my HA and it was solely for me to have irrefutable evidence, that I'm fine. So I'm trying to believe, that is true, hahaha, jeeeez what a shitty train of thought we conduct. Just think if we could use our mental powers for good? We'd be bending spoons and parting waters like there's no tomorrow. Screw HA.

Ok, just to wrap this up, I went and had an x-ray and the ultrasound, which I hyperventilated through like a proper wimp, but the doctor was very understanding and explained what he was doing throughout. The lump I had was some old bleeding/scar tissue and not anything sinister and x-rays came back all clear as well. Symptoms have subsided and I'm now past this, though unfortunately onto new and 'greater things' which I'll probably post about in a not too distant future. Sigh. One step forward, one step back.

Thread Information