Thread: Pain in the butt

Question Pain in the butt

Hi all hope you are doing well on this Friday considering all our issues.

Quick one but many people discuss bowel symptoms like bleeding or mucous and pain etc. Does anyone ever experience general pain in back passage area?

I had what I was told to be a minor op there in April but still seem to get pain ranging from a dull ache to shooting pain.

I get general inflammation issues and wondered if it was linked but also worry about BC even though my surgeon says I am ok.

Hope u have a pain and worry free weekend folks

Re: Pain in the butt

I have had a mysterious pain back there for no apparent reason at times. It has gotten quite bad, it usually goes away eventually but it is quite uncomfortable and hard to describe. It hasn't happened in quite a while, but I think I would try a lorazepam if it happened now, just to see if it is directly anxiety related. I get pains in my chest and after an expensive trip to emergency, found that Ativan made it go away. I still get chest pain, or arm or neck pain that comes on suddenly. I am sure most unconsciously tense their muscles and have shallower breathing when we are most anxious, which can cause cramps or just pain from muscle tension. I am most anxious at night. So that is when I get strange pains. If the lorazepam or Ativan type sedatative doesn't work, I would look for other causes. I hope this was even a small bit of help. Sorry if it wasn't.

Re: Pain in the butt

Thanks yeah pretty sure you are right. I have worried about health issues since being a kid and 'had' every serious illness under the sun that all turned out not to be there.

Weird how the HA brain assume the worst case scenario despite reassurances from experts.

I had a non cancerous tumour removed after suffering piles which some say I was lucky they found but my GP said it was incidental and possibly not even a concern. Glad the plies issue forced me to get a sigmoid anyway just to be sure.

Problem is, when in 'pain' or discomfort down there, I assume they have missed something or the tumour was actually outside the wall so to speak and growing unseen despite the surgeon and expert team saying all will be well.

oh well :/

Thread Information