Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Symptoms worrying me!

Symptoms worrying me!

Hi guys. Since last summer I had a couple of symptoms with my head (my most recent anxiety issue for the past 12 months) regarding headaches, tension (i dont get them often but i tend to make them out to be worse than they are). I have really bad health anxiety, when I realise something I push it over the edge until I no longer have control over what I believe to be a rational thought (this only applies to health anxiety).

Currently I lie in bed a lot thinking I'm just going to have a stroke or a seizure or something and im like anticipating it for no reason what so ever and I can't stop myself doing this.

Has anyone else had anything similar? I'v had the odd headache's which I usually dont get but I drink more now that I'm a student and what not... really worried about my head though |

Re: Symptoms worrying me!

I have bad dizziness spells at the moment, almost like zaps being shot through me that affect my head and sometimes my body. terrified it's a tumour so I can relate

Bump

My advice?
    Challenge it!
    Get up, get on with your life and see what happens - my bet is not only will you NOT have a stroke, but you'll also feel 100% better.

I cant stop thinking about it. When I wake up it crosses my mind and i start to worry about it again. Its ruining my days lately. I had a similar issue last September but eventually it went away, and during summer away from University it seemed to come right back again. Maybe its when I have time to let my mind wonder and think about other things.
    The thing is, I wake up, theres no pressure/aches/pains or anything in my head. But when I start to become anxious again it returns...

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl_Bentham View Post
    I cant stop thinking about it. When I wake up it crosses my mind and i start to worry about it again. Its ruining my days lately. I had a similar issue last September but eventually it went away, and during summer away from University it seemed to come right back again. Maybe its when I have time to let my mind wonder and think about other things.
    The thing is, I wake up, theres no pressure/aches/pains or anything in my head. But when I start to become anxious again it returns...
    And there's the answer! When you start to become anxious, it returns.
    Therefore, before it gets a chance, get up and start your day. Make a cup of tea, have a shower, get out of the house - anything to occupy your mind and stop it ruminating. No matter how bad you feel when you wake up, drag yourself out z I promise you will feel better.

Bed time and now its come back and won't allow me to sleep. Iv been fine for like 6 hours and now its back!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl_Bentham View Post
    Bed time and now its come back and won't allow me to sleep. Iv been fine for like 6 hours and now its back!
    Rather than lie in bed and hang out on an anxiety website ruminating if you'll get some reassurance, why not log off, find something to occupy yourself on Youtube or read a book. It's more productive than dwelling on it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Its so difficult nothing seems to take my mind away from it even when I'm in the library doing university work

I genuinely cannot sleep again I'm getting like 4 hours a night because of this and I really cannot deal with it. I constantly feel like my head will explode or I'm about to have a stroke or something

---------- Post added at 02:12 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Iv also noticed I have been getting muscle twitches lately and early morning nausea. Two common signs of a brain tumour

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information