Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor started me on Sertaline 50mg today

Doctor started me on Sertaline 50mg today

Hello

I've been on escitalopram 20mg for quite a few months for anxiety, depression and panic. They haven't been working for me recently I've been down and no motivation whatsoever. To get out of bed is a challenge :( I'm only 31 I feel much older recently.

Anyway mu doctor put me on Sertaline 50mg and I took my first tablet a couple of hours ago. I really hope it helps me as I've even had suicidal thoughts whilst on my old medication. Doctor said see how I get on with new meds and maybe refer me to mental health team. I wish I could be normal and happy with no panic and nerves.

Anyone got positive stories with Sertaline? Need to see a light at the end of this dark tunnel. 💜

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Doctor started me on Sertaline 50mg today

I was on citalopram before I went on sertraline and it worked for years. Not on it now but it served me well.

You have to stick with it but sure you know that. Hope it helps and starts working soon.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hope it helps me. I know we are all different in our reaction to these different medications. I'm feeling the usual spaced out effects that you get when starting new meds. But positive thinking and support from close ones will help.

I have been on 50mg of sertraline for three week now I had a lot of side effects in the first week but it has settled down now, hope it works for you

I've just started on Sertraline this week. I'm on day 2 at 50mg. I feel breathless today; anyone had any similar symptoms? I'm trying not to panic but it's hard.

50mg sert worked for me ,the side effects werent that bad either

How's week 3 on the tabs doing for you? I'm glad they worked for you mr andy. I haven't felt breathless jackanory. But everyone has different side effects or even none at all. On day 1 yesterday I felt I had heightened anxiety and shaky but I know it will pass and it's just the tablets making there way into my system. Big hugs

I am on day 5 of 50mg Sertraline, had a rough first day but it's been an easier ride than I expected. My main problem is a sore tongue... not sure what that's all about. x

I was on Sertraline until 2 years ago, 50mg for 18 months. Had a tough few weeks on start up but by week 9 I woke and felt happier, calmer and for 18 months had my life back. I am now almost 7 weeks in on starting up again after a rubbish year and am hoping that I will feel better soon as right now lost all my get up and go and just want to sleep

Week three is alot better only a few side effect now but for the moment the depression feels like it got worst but the anxiety is getting better mind you I'm on Propranolol for that as well. How are you doing now? X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information