Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testicular cancer worry. Going insane here.

Testicular cancer worry. Going insane here.

Hello everyone! Im sitting in my bed and absolutely dreading my ultrasound to my testis tomorrow afternoon. By the way, I've lurked around here for years so thank you for all the support even if I dont know who you are

Ive suffered from health anxiety since 12 yo (now 27) and my fear of cancer, which ive had since 12 disappeared at 25 to be substituted by fear of mental illness until 2 weeks ago when it was replaced back by cancer with a vengeance.

2 weeks ago I got up from the sofa and my right testicle ached a little bit. The next day i went to see the doc even though it was only aching in certain positions. Doc said 'yup, very common infection, your epididymis is a bit swollen and your lymph nodes are a bit swollen too'. He said its very common and prescribed 10 day course of antibiotics. By the next day the pain was completely gone although i made sure i checked my damn balls 10-15 times a day until, well, today.

I spoke to my GP back home who tried to reassure me its not cancer and told me to stop checking as it can become inflamed. Anyway, so i checked again earlier on and i dont have any lumps or enlargement of the actual testicle (never did anyway) although the epididymis does feel tender (as its meant to anyway?) although i cant tell exactly whether it remains swollen.

I have some back pain too and leg pain although i commute to work every day for 5 hours per day sitting on a bus since May.

Im dreading tomorrow, all i can think about is the doctor telling me i have cancer and need to start chemo ASAP.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys. I've looked at symptoms of testicular cancer over 100 times and nothing seems to reassure me. There always that what if.

Re: Testicular cancer worry. Going insane here.

Based on what you have said I have a VERY strong feeling you will have the all clear very soon. Hang in there pal.

Quote Originally Posted by always worried View Post
    Based on what you have said I have a VERY strong feeling you will have the all clear very soon. Hang in there pal.
    i hope you're right! i know this is probably (? ahah) reassurance seeking but does your epididymis hurt if you pinch it? LOL too many details for the girls.

Sensitive area that yes. Leave it alone and see what the scan shows which is likely to be nowt untoward

Quote Originally Posted by always worried View Post
    Sensitive area that yes. Leave it alone and see what the scan shows which is likely to be nowt untoward
    ok thanks *counts valium pills for tomorrow*

From what I understand from talking to a friend who had testicular cancer, you need to worry if your testicle is hard and painless and/or there is a pronounced lump, generally on the front. I have prodded and poked my old fellas to the point they were so sore I could barely sit down! I once found a small lump on the back by the tubes and my doc thought it might be a cyst which is a common thing. He sent me for an ultrasound which came back fine.
    Hope you are finding a way to get through until tomorrow.
    Bob

Testicular cancer has a 98% success rate.
    My nephew (age 21) was diagnosed with it a few weeks back. He first noticed something in February and didn't see a doctor until only a month ago. Silly boy.
    They removed his testicle (he had a prosthetic one put in) and it hadn't spread anywhere, so he decided not have chemo.
    He is currently overseas on a holiday.
    My point is, that it is VERY curable if the worst happens.

It is good that you are checking your testicles. I had this fear and still got it a few years ago when I was 27-28 I went to the GP a few times because I thought I felt something but was feeling tubes. The GP could not find anything wrong no lumps, no hardness etc.

Please don't Google as well
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 15-10-14 at 11:06.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    It is good that you are checking your testicles. I had this fear and still got it a few years ago when I was 27-28 I went to the GP a few times because I thought I felt something but was feeling tubes. The GP could not find anything wrong no lumps, no hardness etc.

Please don't Google as well
    Google is the problem. I already looking at youtube videos of people doing chemo and freaking myself out. I really cannot cope with this wait, i can't eat or focus on anything else. it is pretty useless to try and meditate or be mindful about the situation when the wheels of obsession are in motion.

to make matters worse i just rang the hospital and they said it'll take 1 week to get my results back. how on heart am i gonna live? i also know I'm going to be interpreting the technician's behaviours to every minute detail. 'did he raise his eyebrow? does he look worried? is he hiding something?' arghhh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information