Thread: Cipralex journey again

Cipralex journey again

Hi not been on for a while but in back again I have just been prescribed escistopolam I think that's how you spell it but I used to get prescribed cipralex is it the same drug or different I have to start taking it tonight I want to take but I'm scared to don't know why as I have been on it before mabe as it is a different name I have to take propanlol too to counteract the side effects if I get them but I'm on zantact 150 can I take the prop with them ? Very anxious just now ? : X

Re: Cipralex journey again

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by Pcdaft View Post
    Hi not been on for a while but in back again I have just been prescribed escistopolam I think that's how you spell it but I used to get prescribed cipralex is it the same drug or different I have to start taking it tonight I want to take but I'm scared to don't know why as I have been on it before mabe as it is a different name I have to take propanlol too to counteract the side effects if I get them but I'm on zantact 150 can I take the prop with them ? Very anxious just now ? : X
    Hi,

Yep, Escitalopram is Cipralex. Cipralex is just the trade name, and Escitalopram is the actual drug name, so worry not! I have been on and off it for years - now on it indefinitely - and I can tell you that you will be JUST FINE.

Don't be scared.

I'm not sure how long you have been of it, but if it is recent then you should find any side-effects from restarting minimal, but if it has been a while, you may have some initial side-effects, like any anti-depressant/anxiety med. I am sure you know that you may experience a slight heightening of your anxiety, but this will not last. Everyone is different as to how long this happens, as it also depends on your dosage (I trust that your doc is starting you off gradually??)

Try if you can to just tell yourself that although you feel crappy now, and starting the meds again is scary, at the end of it all you will feel MUCH BETTER and it will be worth it. It's just a necessary bridge to cross, that's all.

As far as I am aware, Zantac is fine with Escitalopram and Prop. I in fact pop Zantac all of the time as I get regular heartburn/acid reflux and I have never had an issue.

Good luck and all the best. x

Hi Debs thanks for reply ? How are you ? That's just what I needed to hear just been out a walk I was last on it in 2011 and came off it in 2012 so it's about 2 years now so I guess I am on it long term this time doc said if I need to go back on it I will be on it indefinitely what a thot but if it's going to make me feel better I hope I just have to bite the bullet as they say I'm just out off hospital after ten days ?and doc says I always get like this if I have to stay in hospital so here goes for the long run ? I aim on 5mg

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Hi debs how are you ? Thanks for reply ? It's just what I needed to hear. I was on it on2011 and came off it in 2012 end off I think ? Doc says I will be on it long term now I think as that what she said the last time if I needed to go back on it I have been suffering from health anxiety for years but my latest scare was when I ended up in hospital with a urine infection then end up going in to my bloodstream so I was in hospital for 10 days ? And now I have my friend back and there name us anxiety lol I just want to be well again lol xx
    Last edited by Pcdaft; 16-10-14 at 22:12. Reason: Forgot to say something

Hi well that's me just took my first cipralex tab again I am going to journal my experience so I can look back at it and see how far I have come feel free to comment on any post I put up and some encouragement would be greatly apreaciated thanks xx

Day one . Well gad no bad sleep last night just getting up feel not too bad husband going to take me for run ? Need t keep my self occupied so I don't hink about taking the tablets lol will see how the day pans out so glad I'm off work next week ? But then again mabe being at work would be better for me me but who knows ? Hope yous are all well ? Take. Care X
    Last edited by Pcdaft; 17-10-14 at 09:07. Reason: spelling mistake xx

Update for today day 1 well felt very nauseous today got up made the bed went in bath but had to lie down for 10 mins when I came back out ? Was feeling very sick but know that's is just the tabs ? Got back up and had some breakfast which was hard because of the nausea ? Went to tescos but never made checkout had to go back and sit in car have been in and out of bed all day doing things a bit St a time had dinner well some of it just took my tab at 8 going yo sleep soon to see if I can get a better sleep tonight been up since 5 so tired to do it all again tomorrow ? Hope yous are all fine take care ?Xx

Day 2 goodmorning everybody ? Well had a good sleep last night not to bad this morning but it's early yet still in bed just gonna get up I feel my head starting to burn a little but that's ok feel shaky but I can deal with that as long as it is not too bad ?dont know what I'm gonna do today ? So will let yous no later just getting up going in the bath and gave breakfast ? Hope yous are all well take care speak soon xx

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

Take that back I am shaking from head to foot and and feel dizzy and all sorts take it that's the side effects kicking now oh dear this is terrible ?xx

Update day 2 : Well my day started ok but then went hay wire when eating my breakfast was shaking from head to toe had to lie down then it went away ? Was ok but not ok if you know what I mean ? Went for run in car came back had a bit toast ? Then a wee while I started eating my dinner then it all started again so I forced myself to eat half my dinner then went and lay down on my bed just took tab and feel all shaky again but hopefully I may be a little better tomorrow I hope so as my husband has to go to work and I will be in alone so scared again any encouragement will be greatly appreciated thanks I hope yous are all well take care speak soon . Xxx

Day 3 slept ok last night got for loo at 5 normal time for toilet feel terrible this morning feel nauseous dizzy and shaky need to go have piece of toast to see if it will sickness feeling away take care speak soon hope yous are all well xx

Thread Information