Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye 2006

Well done Alexis and a very Happy New Year to you

Lisa x

Well done Alexis - may your strength and courage continue throughtout 2007.

Like you, I went out on my own last night and drove in the dark as I was determined not to spend new year on my own - just knowing that others on here are finding the courage to do the same helps me get through it too.

Take care and I wish you well

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

Love to you darling xxxJean

Thanks to you all for your replies, I have been out a couple of times since alone, even if only in dark it is a start. Ive also attended my aunts funeral, who sadly died on Christmas day, it was awful really as all through the service I imagined my mum would be next and even found myself wondering what she would really want at her funeral, I had to try and snap out of it before a full blown panic hit home, I believe this is due to the events over Christmas and the pressure of having my ex husband of 25yrs into my home,anyway, we must go forward!!!!

Alexis
    xx

Hi Alexis,
    Long time no post but just wanted to say, as everyone else has, "Good on you"!!

In two messages on this thread you've mentioned that you've managed to go out alone in the dark........well I just want to say that you might have thought you were alone but we've all been with you.

Every street light along the road & every star in the sky you see is each of us helping you along the way.

I know that may sound a bit girly & poetic but it's true - you've always given such support to everyone, that there's not one of us - I'm sure - that wouldn't wish the very best for you this year.

Thanks for being a LOVELY person through it all!!

Best Wishes & hugs

Magz [:X]
    XXXXXX

Hi Alexis,

Sounds like you're doing really well and you are coping so well.

I'm really sorry to hear the sad news about your Aunt :(.

Take care,

Hugs,

Lisa x

Hi Magz and Lisa, many thanks for your replies, Magz thanks for saying such lovely things, when I was walking home , one of the streets had a power cut and there were no street lights, so what you put made me smile, but that was only a few minutes.
    I like to support others, and dont feel Ive done a lot lately but I didnt want my negativity to rub off and for me to loose any more friends than I had,I still read each day and think about you all,
    Lisa thanks too, you are both lovely women,xxxx

Alexis
    xx

Hi hun,

I was very sorry to hear about your aunt and I just wanted to say how well I think you've managed going to the funeral.

Please do post lovie if you think any of us can help - honestly no one minds if you don't feel on top of the world. The site isn't here just for the good bits.

Piglet gives Alexis a warm hug

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Alexis

I just want to wish you a really wonderful 2007 - you really deserve it! You and I have both had pretty dreadful years in different ways and I am very glad to see the back of 2006 and I bet you are too!

I plan to live this year as if things WILL turn out well and fingers crossed maybe they will!

For goodness sake don't beat yourself up - you have NOT been negative - this is where we all come to offload and share and I hope we will all carry on feeling able to do that here!

You are such a fighter and an inspiration and have coped with so much - bring it on eh?

Take care of yourself hon - love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

Hi Alexis,

You are a wonderful person too . You are not negative either so do post more if it helps you, as Fee said we all need somewhere to offload at times plus people here can choose whether they read or reply. True friends will not disappear just because you're having a hard time, there are plenty of people here that do care and will support you.

Sounds like you're doing so well though and I hope this year gets better and better for you.

Lisa x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information