Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to be cured of emetophobia?

Is it possible to be cured of emetophobia?

Does anyone know if it is?

I'm really struggling this last couple of days with my phobia (fear of vomitting). There's a bug going around and I'm so scared of getting it.

I'm feeling low and wondered if it is possible to get over this phobia?

Heather x

Yes with some professional help like CBT or you may like to try Hypnotherapy.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Thank you Nicola

Heather x

Hi heths,

I am an emetophobic - not cured yet although making it my new year's resolution for 2007. I am trying CBT. My GP says it might not be a cure, but it will make things more manageable. Have you been to your GP about this?

I know how scared you must feel, but just take normal precautions like washing your hands and eating healthily. I have also seen that hand foam advertised, which claims to be great at keeping nasty germs away.

Thank you for your reply Pandapie, I have a lady for CBT at the moment for agoraphobia. I've mentioned my other fears and she said she's going to link them all together as one. I don't know if that'll work or not. I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

Heather x

It is posible to over come any fear. I remember watching GMTV a while ago whehn he was curing people's phobias. Unfortunatly I couldn't watch anymore because I had to go to college. But with professional help and positive thinking you can over come it!

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thank you for your reply Pandapie, I have a lady for CBT at the moment for agoraphobia. I've mentioned my other fears and she said she's going to link them all together as one. I don't know if that'll work or not. I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

Heather x

<div align="right">Originally posted by heths - 05 January 2007 : 19:17:26</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Please let me know how you get on. I also have a few problems I need to sort too, it's all a bit daunting but anything must be better than continuing to feel helpless. Really wish you good luck with it. x

Thank you both for replies. It's still hard, but it helps to know there is help out there for this.

Heather x

I suffer from emetophobia along with fear of a few other symptoms. I have been getting a bit better by facing the symptoms reading Claire Weekes books although that can be difficult to do, I am getting better at it I think.

I think it is possible to be cured of it. I remember a time when I didn't have it, and now I do so as I read if a fear is learned it's possible to be "unlearned".

Kind Regards,
    Pebble.

heths, it's possible to resolve the reason why your unconscious mind has chosen to generate this symptom for you. It's done it for you for some reason and when you're able to understand why and let it change it's approach it won't be there any more.

So, yes, change IS possible.

CBT, hypnotherapy or other fast ( ie not loads of months) cures could help you.

regards

Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information