Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it possible to be cured of emetophobia?

Thank you Meg, I'll have a look at those.

Heather x

Hi! My name is Karissa, I am 22 and I just came across this forum tonight... I have been struggling with the fear of throwing up since before I can remember... I just recently found out that it is actually a common phobia! I thought I was insane because of how terrified I was of throwing up... I am constantly washing my hands, staying away from people who are sick, and constantly bugging my fiance with questions like do you think I am gonna get sick if I do this or this... or what do you think my chance are of throwing up? It is AWFUL... I used to not be able to watch people getting sick on tv either, but just recently I forced myself to watch the ENTIRE jackass 2 (including the outtakes which let me tell you have some nice throw up scenes) with my sister who has been bugging me to watch it with her, but I wouldn't because of how much I hate to throw up... I am currently in therapy, but all my therapist says to me is "throwing up is your bodies way of getting bad stuff out and you should be lucky your body can do that"... YEAH RIGHT I don't want my body to do that! Has anyone else had any luck finding treatments? If so or just to talk e-mail me highmntnce916@aol.com...

i know how you feel im the same im planing a holiday and im now worried about getting sick on the plane but ive never really had a problem with motion sickness before but i keep asking my hubby if i will get sick .im not going until june

im not mad its every one else

take some dramamine before you get on the plane... that's what I did when I had to go on a plane... it makes you tired and it's an anti-emetic... it helps ease your mind knowing that you aren't going to get sick since you took it... I sometimes have to take it in the car too because I get these weird motion sickness headaches all the time and I am so afraid of throwing up... it's horrible to get motion sickness when you are an emetophobe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information