Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to square one

Back to square one

Hi Everyone!!

I was doing so well for so darn long and for the past two days I have become a prisoner of this viscious little thing we call panic. I can't seem to anything. I took Xanax for the first time again in a year. I hate this so much. I was having a blast w/ my life. I was going out all the time hanging out w/ my friends and just enjoying life. Today is the second day I've missed work. Last night I was afraid to even shower. Any suggestions on how I can get back on my feet and on w/ my life?

Magster.:(

Hi Magster ,

Whats been going on with you for the least few weeks ??

Changes of situation , worries, meds, responsibilities etc .

You are not back at Square one . You are having a blip and it won't take long to get over it once you identify what it is thats upset your equilibrium .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

hello magster,its awful when that happens,im struggling with it at the moment,its very up and down sometimes,im not sure if i can offer advice since im trying to sort things out myself,but i hope things go ok

take care

paul

I'm not sure what happened. For the past two months I've been getting mild P/A's. My lips would start going numb, I'd feel like I can fall over at any time, etc. This past Monday I went to the hospital because I was having sharp chest pains at my lower sternal area. They didn't go away after 5 hours so that's why I went to the ER. Well all my tests came out ok ( ECG, X-Rays, Blood work). They came up w/ pleurisy though. For those that don't know what that is, it's the inflammation of the lining of the lung. I'm not sure how much I believe that either. Why is it that so many of us doubt the doctors? Anyhow, I haven't had any of the chest pains today but we all know how us panickers are.....I'm constantly looking for them. So every LITTLE sensation I get I just wanna curl up in a ball. I'm terrified of making any movement just so that I don't have to feel that pain again.

Thanx for the replies!!!

hi mag

I know this sounds like a stupid thing to say, but don't worry about it too much.

This happens to all of us at some time or other, and probably to a lot of us on a regular basis to some extent. Like Meg said, it is just a blip. These blips do our confidence no good whatsoever but it's important to keep doing everything that you find helpful, try relaxing, distracting yourself - exercise is good, or whatever else you normally do, just keep at it. Just try not to create any extra stress getting down about it, it's perfectly normal and it doesn't mean your back to square one.

mico

OK so this is stemming from a specific health anxiety , not reoccurance of panic disorder out of the blue ..

Pleurisy is very painful. Feels like sandpaper in your lungs. Your xray may have shown up the inflammation or he may have heard a rubbing whilst listening to your lungs . Are you having any treatment ?

If you have been having mild ones for last few weeks are they over something else you've got on your mind or similar ?

You need to prove to yourself that moving about will not make you keel over so agree with yourself to walk a block and then return - have someone watch you if necessary and the extend it etc .

All this is normal - take some tylenol for the pain as it can be severe and look after yourself well nutitionally - some extra antioxidants will help you heal faster .

You've been here before so you know in your heart it is getoverable ... it just feels like its final this time - eh ?

Take care

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Thanx Mico!

It just feels so ABNORMAL, you know? And I'm sure this sensation is just stress cuz it does get worse when I start freakin out. It's really wierd to look at all the member's photos and think that we all go thru similar things. You couldn't have guessed by just looking at us. Sneaking little thing this panic is, isn't it?! I just don't want it to be as paralyzing as it was last year about this time. It took me weeks to step foot outside of my house. Awful it was....just awful!

Hello Meg!

They gave me Toradol. It's a very potent NSAID. I'm scared to take that too!! Can you believe it? When I get into panic mode I turn into the biggest scardy-cat I've ever known! I know I have to just keep going but I freeze whenever I'm about to make that step.

hi there,

Maybe you should just try getting back into the frame of mind you were in when you had no problems. Just tell yourself that you used to do it so there's no reason u can't do it now!!

Sarah

Hi Mag

The thing you've got to remember about panic/anxiety is that it is like you said, pretty sneaky at times. It will try to catch you out whenever it can, will create irrational fears at inapropriate times and sometimes it will even change it's symptoms. So don't worry if your feeling a little odd, if you keep on top of it (you may not feel like your keeping on top of it, but just doing the best you can), then you will be heading in the right direction.

Hopefully your chest pains will be subsiding a little by now too, maybe then you will be able to relax a little more.

mico

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information