Thread: burning sensation on my body

burning sensation on my body

Hi was just wondering if any one had a burning sensation which is felt on my arms legs chest and back was told by doctors that it's caused by anxiety, thing is iv had it 3 years and every day all day now I take 50 mg of amatriptaline at night and it got better. But the last 4 weeks it's on my body every where and bad I can't not notice it its horrible don't no what to do anymore doctor is useless just send me away saying it's all in my head any help or advice thanks a lot Joe. Iv been for c.b.t had mri scan blood test all done 3 years ago and normall when it started and I feel on edge all the time heart racing

Re: burning sensation on my body

Yes, I have had this on my leg and arm and face and chest. It has even turned bright pink and only lasts for a few minutes. So, it probably is the ugly Anxiety again! Heart Racing is a prime symptom of Anxiety. Are you stressed about anything in particular or is it a result of something that peeked 3 years ago?

It all started 3 years ago when I had a full arm tattoo but I was ill at the time with a cold but I think I thought the tattoo made me ill, I went over and over in my head was the needle clean could I have blood poisoning all bad things just cause I was ill at the time I had the tattoo. Then I had a massive panic attack and then came the sensation and they have never gone away they are worse when Im sitting down so it gets worse on presure, it's the the worst feeling in the world and it never goes away not for 1 minute oh and also I'm now suffering from depression cause of this horrible feeling over my body and like I have ate 2 jars of caffeine and on a constant high but just have to try and carry on or I will go mad lol

It sounds like you have Health Anxiety? Are you forever freaking out that what you are feeling might be some Disease or Illness? As far as the tattoo, you have to think about it logically. Surely if you were infected; which you are not, you would have had a reaction very quickly and not be here now; which you are. Health Anxiety can cause Panic Attacks and Anxiety symptoms on a daily basis and only your Mind can free you of this. You have to accept firstly that you are well. And Depression can come as a result of the Anxiety and it becomes a vicious circle until you break it.

I keep gettin a cold/wet/burning feeling i had it on and off maybe for a day but now ive had it 3 days...sometimes it wears off and then i feel it again...im sure the cold makes it worse...the doc says stress but im worried its my heart...i also have health anxiety. I was think nerve damage or muscle but doc says no...i have felt it in front of my legs and above my knees too but when its in my left arm at the top only just freaks me out. Im seriously having a breakdoen over this specially because its not going...i had it before and then months before i had it again mayb its because my anxiety is more and my depression is worse at the minute too x

I've had a horrible burning sensation on my back since June. It's so bad I feel like my clothes will rip my skin off. I don't turn red or have a rash. It doesn't go away. It's always with post nasal drip too. Doctors think I have heartburn but heartburn medicine has given me actual heartburn symptoms that I didn't have before starting to think its all anxiety. All I know is it hurts and nothing makes it better. I've even had predisone and it did nothing.

Thread Information