Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feel ugly all the time.

Re: Feel ugly all the time.

Ah OK thanks for all the info I will get my boyfriend to look into it for me and fingers crossed I'll be on my way to needle heaven (?) soon. I can watch injections on TV now(I couldn't before) so I've made some improvements. I keep telling myself that EVERYONE I know is perfectly comfortable getting injection and that it happens everyday and is perfectly safe, normal, common. I think the fact I have a better handle on my panic attacks in general has helped.

What would you recommend? He baths a lot and he trims his beard every few days so that's something. But I do kind of think he dropped the exercise due to depression. He's masculine, I think being strong is important to him, so it does seem out of character.
    I don't like eating when I'm fat, I just find it upsetting and I end up over eating, I think not eating at all just gave me a break from that and made me feel better. But yeah I don't do that now.
    I'm thinking of going on a slim fast diet until christmas, and buying more fresh food for snacks in the day.

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

You feeling any better this week?

Re: Feel ugly all the time.

Be sensible with dieting HJ, be aware of diets that cause an impact to anxiety.

You ain't fat HJ!

Rather than skipping meals, changing what you eat will be better even if its light meals. If you eat under a certain number of calories a day your body will adjust by burning its reserves and it will break down protein quicker so you end up losing really unless you are overweight.

That was my example of when you let yourself go due to depression. I was washing but I started growing a beard and I only ever do that if I'm slobbing out on a holiday where I'm just around the house (or I was when I was working before the anxiety issues!). Its all about slowly letting go of things and before you no it, you are depressed. It sneeks up on us.

Does he get much outdoor exercise? Walking is better than nothing and helpful and didn't you mention something about wanting to do more cycling again? That would be great for him, there have been studies of cycling and its recommended for depression.

Do you know why he has gone this way? I know for me it was all about not having any reason to exist, even thought I had my family & GF, I didn't see where I fit in with the world. I think this is a big problem for men when we get older, we look around and compare to others and find ourselves rudderless. I think you mentioned he was in his thirties didn't you? I wonder if he has hit the same kind of rut I did? I was working in a role that I always found fulfilling in terms of goals but very quickly I started to see my thoughts change as I started to think about all the things I hadn't done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information