Thread: Citalopram taken for 40 days

Citalopram taken for 40 days

I'm 17 and have been taking citalopram for 40 days now, I am taking it for anxiety and depression. When I went to the doctors I went and told him I was in a constant bad mood, he only asked me if I'd ever seen anyone before to which I answered no. He also asked if my eating and sleeping was ok which I also answered no to. He gave me a prescription of citalopram 10mg and told me to go back in 3months. This was around July time this year, I stopped taking them after 3 days due to the side effects and lack of explaination from the doctor. In September I went back and explained why I hadn't taken them, he said there shouldn't have been any side effects and that he couldn't do anything else so I should continue to take them. I began to question why I received the prescription in the first place and he told me I had an anxiety disorder and depression. Now I've been taking them for 40 days, I think my anxiety has improved slightly but other than that nothing has changed. Now I don't know what to do, the medication doesn't change anything so I'm not sure what to do. I haven't gone back since I went the second time and the doctor didn't say to go back or anything. Would any of you be able to give me any advice please? Thankyou in advance, it would be much appreciated.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Citalopram taken for 40 days

I would advise seeing another GP and starting again because you should receive better care than just being fobbed off with a prescription and told you have an anxiety disorder and depression.

Ask about CBT in your area and other talking therapies. As you've noticed a slight improvement with citalopram you might benefit from a small increase. Wish you success.
    Last edited by KK77; 25-10-14 at 14:23.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information