Thread: what is wrong with my brain

what is wrong with my brain

Hello i am an anxiety patient suffer from hypochondria. 4 months ago i felt tingling and some pressure on my head i had a ct scan on 17 july 2014 came normal. Since then i felt more of these symptoms and they got worse like weird headaches, double vision which comes and goes quickly, numbness in head and face, confussion, etc. my anxiety went alarmingly high i feared some kind of disease in my head i had another ct scan this time without the consultation of a doctor for which she scolded me and also went for an mri same day day was 30 august 2014. after that my symptoms passed slowly but now i feel new set of symptoms the double vision is persistent. these symptoms are sudden head pains of weird nature which last for few seconds 2-3 seconds and go sudden sharp warm sensation in head and goose bumps in head tingling in head numbness in head and face and also nasal bone or maxilla these symptoms in head are mostly located on the right back corner of the head but sometimes are every where. from last 1 month i am not paying attention to my head but more to mouth but 2 days ago i experienced derealisation after waking up in the day although i wasnt paying attention to my head. i am worried my anxiety has increased pls tell me has the radiation from cts done something wrong or is it anxiety
    Last edited by abhaytheone; 25-10-14 at 19:09.

Re: what is wrong with my brain

This is definietley a case of anxiety. It sounds like you suffer from tension headaches caused by your fear of your headache. IF you have had two ct scans that both came back normal i can promise you that nothing is wrong here. What you are doing is worrying yourself into a panic when you have a headache and that is creating other symptoms as well. The brain is a powerful thing and can trick you into thinking something is wrong when it isnt. Have you tried taking anything for tension relief? tylenol or advil?

i took pari 12.5 , etizest, novarab for 5 days i felt better with those but my brother said you'll get addicted to these drugs. so i stopped

Sometimes with these drugs they make you feel better but there are cases where you can become addicted.
    You should try doing something that will help calm your nerves. Try yoga or breathing excercises. This will help.
    I dont think that you should have anymore cts as the radiation in those thing can be equivalent to 1000 xrays in one shot.
    Trust the proof that is presented to you. There is nothing there. I think that your hypchondria is heightning your headaches. The best thing to do is try to relax and calm down, tell yourself its just a headache. Take some Tylenol 3 if you have to. But I can assure its only a headache that is caused by your anxiety. You need to learn how to manage that stress and it will go away.

wait cts are they safe ? can 2 cts cause something to me ? I sometimes get a split second feeling of dizzyness, feel slightly faint, and it comes with what feels like a head or adrenaline rush. It lasts seconds, can sometimes feel like I'm falling depending on what I'm doing.
    There's no residual dizziness after. Just anxiety about worrying what happened. sometimes i feel like i am very sick that feeling goes away and comes again like for short periods 2-5 minutes its located more in head. i feel little nauseous too and also feel short of breath sometimes. and i am experiencing lot confusion and difficulty understanding like rules of maths. i am afraid please help me i am nervous

Do not be nervous. You are causing yourself to have panic attacks which will for sure give you more symptoms such as dizziness and heart racing and bad headaches, unable to remember simple things. Its because of your adrenaline.
    Having two cts will not cause you to have anything in your brain.
    What I am saying is... you have had two cts that both came back normal. It is very rare for something to appear out of the blue and cause all these symptoms right away. If your ct came back normal you need to believe the facts! You are normal and nothing is wrong.

A panic attack can make you feel so many crazy things, but you have to tell yourself that you have felt this way before and nothing has happened.

I do believe that you will benefit from seeing someone that can help you cope a littel better with your anxiety. When you have that much going on it will cause pretty bad headaches, and then you will feel scard which will cause other physical symptoms.. like your heart rate accelerating, shortness of breath, feeling like your going to die, etc.. but nothing will happen to you.

thanks for replying and taking time to read my thread

Thread Information