Thread: Bleach- Toilet

Bleach- Toilet

Trying to face my anxiety regarding bleach.
    This morning, I poured a small amount of regular supermarket bleach down the back of the loo under the rim. I then got some dampened toilet roll just to wipe the top of the rim at the back. I then wiped it again with another 2 pieces of toilet roll. Dropped tissues in loo & flushed it. Felt tense.
    Washed hands. 20 minutes later anxiety kicked in & "what ifs" in case got little bleach on lower right arm (didn't notice it) & it touched other things.
    Advice/reassurance, please.

Re: Bleach- Toilet

Hi Lucinda,

I'm sure things are fine. As long as you don't ingest bleech or get it in your eyes or any cuts you will be ok. If that did happen, you would have known about it pretty quickly, especially if it touches eyes & cuts.

Washing your hands would have removed any little bits that could have got on your hands or seeped through the tissues, so please don't worry about it. If it was going to irritate your skin, you would have found out soon after.

The same applies to if any touched any other surfaces, you will be fine.

Just try to rationalise it this way or distract your mind away from this so when you stop your distraction the thoughts are no longer there.

Thanks Terry.
    It helps to see logic written out in this way.
    I can reassure myself & deal with anxiety (which is using such products as a stick!)
    It takes time & effort to challenge beliefs - I am starting to do this.
    You have contributed a lot to this site. Your posts are well written & eloquent & offer sound advice. I & other members appreciate this.
    Hope the day goes well for you.

Thanks Lucinda that means a lot

It really does take a long time. Beliefs are really hard as they seem to be correct to us, they can feel as right to us as why we look both ways before we cross the road...behavioural problems are hard to retrain but its a lot harder when they are reinforced with anxiety and this alone makes us want to resist them.

Thanks, I had a good day today but its gone a bit off tonight so hoping for a good tomorrow (Monday).

Thread Information