Thread: Fast heart rate at rest

Fast heart rate at rest

I think I have had every single non serious heart problem over the years and keep adding them on! I have had pvc's for over 25 yeras and then when I was menopausal added on PAT. I have had alot of 24 hr ecg's over the past 20 years and yes they do pick up the problem but so far always told they are harmless.

A few days ago I noticed my heart was beating faster than usual at rest - I have pulsitile tinnitus in my left ear - so I can always hear my heartbeat 24/7. This has to be the worst thing for someone with health anxiety

My heartrate normally when resting and reading say is 65-75 but for days now it has stayed at around 85 bpm even when in bed and on waking.

I have had this before in the past and it usually lasts a few days and then goes but its really worrying me this time, Hasted to add I was not worried until I first noticed it when I went to bed. I have recently had my 6 month thyroid check because I take thyroxine and all was okay.

Anyone else have this or have a constant high resting heart rate?

Re: Fast heart rate at rest

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My heart rate rests at 80-90 a lot of the time. Sometimes it's around 100 resting or higher. It's always that so I end up worrying more when it's lower than that! I've just always had a fast heart rate, I've never had an explanation for it. It doesn't really worry me though since I'm only 22 and do plenty exercise!

You may be fighting off an infection. This will raise heartrate for a few days. If your body succeeds, of course, you'll not have an explanation of what it was up to.

Well spent 7 hrs in A&E last night with it and at end of it after many ecg's plus monitering and loads of bloods to check for infection and my thyroid medication and chest x ray all was well except a fast heartbeat. It wasn't fast enough to be classed as an emergency as it was between 108 and 135 but my husband said when I was being distracted it fell but as soon as a Dr approached it shot up again.

I was allowed home but am waiting for an appt with acute medical consultant to see whats next.

Today its mostly its normal self unless I start to worry!

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    Well spent 7 hrs in A&E last night with it and at end of it after many ecg's plus monitering and loads of bloods to check for infection and my thyroid medication and chest x ray all was well except a fast heartbeat. It wasn't fast enough to be classed as an emergency as it was between 108 and 135 but my husband said when I was being distracted it fell but as soon as a Dr approached it shot up again.

I was allowed home but am waiting for an appt with acute medical consultant to see whats next.

Today its mostly its normal self unless I start to worry!
    I think your fast HR is related to anxiety and nothing more. When I had a strong panic attack a few months ago, my HR went to 180 for a while, stayed in the 110's for many hours and only after 6 hours it went below 100's, even if I took a pill to calm down. In the next few days, my HR in the morning was always between 75-85.

I decide to quit caffeine (used to drink a lot), and after that my anxiety levels are MUCH lower, I can say I even managed to be calm for the past 3 days. This morning I measured my resting HR after sleeping 10 hours (which is a record for me), and it was 58! Can you see the difference? From 75 to 58, all because of anxiety, and maybe caffeine! Now i'm sitting and my HR is 69! I don't remember to have a slow HR like this since looong time ago. So, my only advice is: try to relax, and if you drink coffee, stop it for a few days and see the effect on your anxiety levels.

Thanks for that. I haven't drunk coffee for years because of my heartbeat but I had eaten some dark chocolate ( 3 dq a day for a few days) and that had quite a lot of caffeine in it which I had forgotten about but generally I have a very low intake of caffeine so can't improve on it!

Thread Information