Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexapro Log

Re: Lexapro Log

Quote Originally Posted by KK2613 View Post
    I read it! It's good that you're confronting problems rather than expecting med to do all the work. Right attitude, and with help of Lex, I'm sure you will do your best to deal with causes rather than symptoms. Good luck and keep writing. This will help others on the same path.
    Sounds good. I will continue with daily updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I'm reading it too and appreciate the daily updates.
    I was on Lex for 5 yrs and have been off it for 4 1/2 but thinking I might need to go back back on so your log is very important to me.
    Are you experiencing any worsening of your symptoms ?
    When I was going on it before the first 2 weeks were a bit rough but you seem to be doing it pretty easily.
    I have not experienced a worsen of symptoms, but I am only on 5mgs of lex and 7.5mg of mirtazapine. So my doses are really low. I have really only noticed that I am a bit more laid back and am able to make some forward progress on my OCD. My OCD is the core of my anxiety and depression, so if I can tackle the OCD I think I can tackle the other two (side note I have had a much lowered anxiety and depression).

I am on week 2 now and things seem to be okay. The only thing I have noticed is the past two Wed, I have been kind of emotional. I don't know if its biological or a coincidence. Other than those two Wed, I have felt much better and been much more productive and better.

Day 11:
    Great day mood wise. I was a happier guy than the day before which I was in tears, but I think that was due to other factors in my life and just having a negative mindset. Got a ton of work done and got home to take my pill then go for a 5 mile run. Cooked up some healthy chicken with sweet chili sauce over it and wild rice and got my laundry done.

No physical symptoms really and am still feeling much more relaxed. For those of you reading, check out the show on Discovery called Alaska: The Last Frontier (US poster here).

I try to find small victories in my days or small little comforts. I have always worked out for the past 7 years strength training and lifting weights, but the cardio has been tough but made me feel leaner along with my clean diet. So since I feel a bit better, I am a bit happier. I encourage anyone reading to stay positive and push yourself!

Thanks for continuing

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Day 12, 13, and 14:
    I had a nice weekend and am continuing on my dose. Things are about the same, still feeling laid back and a bit calmer. Friday night I went to this business dress up party with my gf that had an open bar. Situations like that usually stress me out, but I did have a nice night, even though I didn't really know anyone. I just hung around my gf who knew everyone and just made friends where I could. I am not a huge fan of drinking anymore or being up wicked late, but it was fun. My gf had a really nice time which was the main reason I went in the first place. Saturday I worked out and did yoga, then went to my gf's friends bday party. Was out late again, but I managed to get along alright. Then finally Sunday I just hung out at my parent's house and relaxed.

I was a bit on edge this weekend since there was so much going on, but I do get moments of feeling great. Much more relaxed and calm and am trying to enjoy my day more rather than get to the next day. Two weeks in the books with the medication and I am still seeing the improvement with anxiety and depression. OCD is still there, but this is something that therapy will help with. I have a therapy session on Wed, where I am looking forward to making some progress. How was everyone else's weekend?

Unfortunately b0yer I work every weekend but after work I'm usually on the beach with my dogs relaxing.
    Glad to hear you're doing so well

Unfortunately b0yer I work every weekend but after work I'm usually on the beach with my dogs relaxing.
    Glad to hear you're doing so well
    Good man! What kind of dogs?

Day 15:
    Still doing well. Much more laid back and able to enjoy myself a little more. Work has been getting better so my mood has been better. Before I was on medication, I would have a hard time enjoying myself or being present. I would always be focused on the next day or that things would get better once I had x,y,z. I have seen a shift in that mentality a bit more and am able to relax and watch tv without thinking about every other thing going on.

Seems like this combo is working. I have to up my work a bit more, but there is definitely an improvement.

German Shepherd and a Bull Arab x Bull Terrier.
    Learning to unwind and not have yourself working to a timetable helps heaps.

I LOVE German Shepherds!

Day 16:
    Pretty good day, but I got a 90 minute deep tissue massage after work so it really couldn't be a bad day. Hung out with the gf for an hour or so after that, but it was getting late so she left. I get bummed when our time is rushed but we will spend heaps of time together this weekend. All in all- good day.

Still feeling the positives from these meds.

My shepherd is 11 and a half years old and still acts like a pup!

My shepherd is 11 and a half years old and still acts like a pup!
    That's great! I've been thinking about getting a dog myself. I think it will help improve my quality and enjoyment of life.

Day 17:
    Another emotional Wednesday. I also had a therapy session where I think some progress is being made. I was on the verge of tears but did not cry, which is a change from the past two Wed when I did cry. My therapy is centered around OCD but there are other things in my life which I am dealing with. I am moved out of my house for the second time and feel very lonely, even though I have a great gf and roommates. I also don't know what I want to do with my life and am looking to find a more rewarding life. I want to find something to dedicate my life to, like my gf's parents do to God. I want to find a real passion.

We also talked about how my identity is switching and its hard. I have always identified myself as an athlete with sports, but after college when I am no longer playing, it has been hard for me. It's like I don't even know who I am. All in all good session. I do feel myself changing into a deeper human being, it can just be kind of scary.

Day 18:
    Feeling good. Had a good day with my job and went home to see my mom as my dad is away. Went out to a nice dinner. Miss the gf though as I haven't seen her in a few days.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information