Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexapro Log

Re: Lexapro Log

Day 19, 20, 21:
    Had an emotional day on Friday, but had a great weekend. Had a great day saturday with my gf, her family, then my friends and gf. Hung out all day and relaxed on sunday with the gf. We got acupuncture together on Sat and I really enjoyed it. So much so that I will be going back this week or weekend. Would highly reccomend this to anyone going through a rough time.

Day 22:
    Still trucking along. Feeling pretty good.

Good to hear

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Day 23:
    Still rocking! GF is away and I miss her, but have stayed positive and felt good about things. Been reading more, working out a lot and cooking to fill the time. Hanging with friends, being more assertive. All good things.

Today is Wed though, which is usually my tough day, but so far I feel great!

Day 24:
    Feeling great!

Hi

I enjoyed reading your log. It gives me some perspective. I have never used antidepressants before. My therapist prescribes Cipralex yesterday so I am on day 2 10mg's. This is the only meds I am taking at the moment so I am a bit scared as I don't know what to expect.

So far I have been out of sorts not really clear minded a bit foggy and dizzy. Tightness in my shoulders.

I am seriously considering running. Glad to see it helped you. I just really feel demotivated at the moment but hey I guess it's mind over matter. All the best with the rest of your journey I know it all work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nushca View Post
    Hi

I enjoyed reading your log. It gives me some perspective. I have never used antidepressants before. My therapist prescribes Cipralex yesterday so I am on day 2 10mg's. This is the only meds I am taking at the moment so I am a bit scared as I don't know what to expect.

So far I have been out of sorts not really clear minded a bit foggy and dizzy. Tightness in my shoulders.

I am seriously considering running. Glad to see it helped you. I just really feel demotivated at the moment but hey I guess it's mind over matter. All the best with the rest of your journey I know it all work out.
    I needed a little Valium to help when I first started them.
    If you have any probs talk to your doctor

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Hi thanks for the advice will definitely do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nushca View Post
    Hi

Try to take it one day at a time and stay busy. The pill is not a magic pill and it won't fix all your problems. You have to be prepared to do the hard work in therapy and helping yourself. Push yourself every day. Also I would definitely recommend running and exercise. Running releases feel good hormones in your body. You will also most likely sleep better and lose weight which will make you feel better.

Also stay patient. These pills take time to work. At first it wont feel like you are feeling anything besides the side effects, but in time the sides will diminish and you will notice you are feeling better.

Final tip: If you have a bad reaction to one medication, don't be discouraged at trying another. I had a bad reaction to prozac, but by simply trying lexapro I was able to improve my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I needed a little Valium to help when I first started them.
    If you have any probs talk to your doctor
    When I was on prozac I needed lorazapam to sleep.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Day 25:
    Another good day. Feeling good, staying active and keeping a positive mindset. Really working hard at my job and its paying dividends.

For those out there at the start of your journey, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Day 26, 27, 28:
    Coming up on one month on the medication. I feel so much better than when I started. I haven't had a bad day in a few weeks. I feel much more confident, optimistic and happier with this medication. I don't think the pill is the only thing that has helped make me feel better. I have cleaned up my diet a bit, been to therapy, got off the internet, and spent time with friends.

I really enjoy relaxing on my weekends and will go to the gym, cook some nice meals, hang with my gf, etc. Weekends are great and work has been getting better!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information