Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexapro Log

Re: Lexapro Log

Quote Originally Posted by b0yer View Post
    Day 26, 27, 28:
    Coming up on one month on the medication. I feel so much better than when I started. I haven't had a bad day in a few weeks. I feel much more confident, optimistic and happier with this medication. I don't think the pill is the only thing that has helped make me feel better. I have cleaned up my diet a bit, been to therapy, got off the internet, and spent time with friends.

I really enjoy relaxing on my weekends and will go to the gym, cook some nice meals, hang with my gf, etc. Weekends are great and work has been getting better!
    Sounds like you've found the right med

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Sounds like you've found the right med
    I think so. I'm much calmer than I used to be and enjoy the little things.

Day 29:
    Still feeling great! Much better than when I started. A lot of it was due to other factors though, like therapy and working out and getting off my butt and doing things.

I think so. I'm much calmer than I used to be and enjoy the little things.

Day 29:
    Still feeling great! Much better than when I started. A lot of it was due to other factors though, like therapy and working out and getting off my butt and doing things.
    Getting off your butt makes a big difference
    Going back to work was a great help to me

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Getting off your butt makes a big difference
    Going back to work was a great help to me
    I never stopped working because I knew how important it is to have some form of structure. Also work could sometimes provide a distraction from all the BS going on in my head. Did you say you were off your meds? Why did you come off? Have you gotten back on?

Day 30:
    Yesterday marked my first month on the meds. I can say that I am really happy i made the decision to give it another shot. It has most certainly improved my quality of life. I am seeing an improvement in my OCD, anxiety & depression.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Day 30:
    Yesterday marked my first month on the meds. I can say that I am really happy i made the decision to give it another shot. It has most certainly improved my quality of life. I am seeing an improvement in my OCD, anxiety & depression.
    That's really good news amidst all the doom and gloom on here sometimes.

Hope it keeps working for you...

Never Surrender, Comrade

I never stopped working because I knew how important it is to have some form of structure. Also work could sometimes provide a distraction from all the BS going on in my head. Did you say you were off your meds? Why did you come off? Have you gotten back on?

Day 30:
    Yep still off em
    I found that after a change of jobs I didn't need meds.
    Also the loss of libido and weight gain were a pain.
    Not going back on.
    I had a couple of bad weeks and thought I might have to but made it through without em.

Day 31, 32, 33, 34:

This was the thanksgiving break, and overall had a good break. I did have a bit of a blip the past day or so, but have managed it WAY better than I did the last time. It was a similar situation to the one I faced this summer and I did have a blip, but know the methods to make myself feel better. My gf and I had a talk about moving in sometime in the future and it sparked my anxiety. It is something that I do want, but for some reason have a tremendous amount of anxiety because of it. Have any of you ever experienced this? I have had Relationship OCD in the past, but this just seems like normal anxiety about a big decision in my life. I am trying not to worry about it as it is months/years away.

But when I was bad, I talked to my gf about it and she was a trooper. She knows when I am in the midst of anxiety and when I am not so it was a relief to be able to tell her how I feel and her support me. I then went to the gym and sprinted to get the endorphins up and felt better.

Day 35:
    Little bit of a rough day, but ended well. Had a lot of negative thinking and some dark thoughts, but fought through them and had a nice night with my gf which seemed to lift the cloud a bit. Very thankful for her! She definitely brightens my day and mood.

Day 36:
    Good day. I noticed when driving home that I am really not as obsessive as I used to be. These meds have definitely helped me get a lot more enjoyment out of life. I take things one thing at a time and can definitely live more in the moment. I have blips here and there occasionally but I am able to look at things much more objectively and not obsess over them.

Excited for my Aruba vacation next week.

Day 37:
    Still trucking along. Still feeling good!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information