Thread: Cancer phobia? Now I think I have nose cancer! Help, please!

Exclamation Cancer phobia? Now I think I have nose cancer! Help, please!

I have GAD and I tend to get very anxious about my health. Just 2 weeks ago I went to the doc because I thought I had cancer. My glands were swollen. Or so I thought, he told me they were in normal range.

Now... I think I have nose cancer.
    I noticed that at the tip of my nose, the cartilage, there seems to be two bumps, it's as if my cartilage is thick there. It's about 5mm and it's not even noticeable. I can just feel it. I have found no posts about this online. To be honest, I'm unsure if this is even normal. Is cartilage on your nose sometimes uneven, thicker in some places? I noticed this about a year ago and i have no idea why I'm freaking over this now. I'm scared it's skin cancer... skin cancer that grew under the skin? Cause there is nothing on my actual nose except a lot of blackheads. I don't even think it has grown tbh.

So, my question is, am I overreacting? I don't want to go to the doctor again telling him I have cancer. Esp if this is something normal. I know I have major HA so I tend to overreact for no reason.

This really bothers me as I can't even do my university work properly. I feel too anxious to do it.

Thanks so much. <3

Re: Cancer phobia? Now I think I have nose cancer! Help, please!

Yes, the cartilage on your nose can be uneven. That's why everyone has a different nose shape

But if it makes you feel even better - I can feel the same thing on my nose. It's normal.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

You have made me feel so much better. I was actually in tears. It's so embarrassing since I'm 20.

You feel tiny uneven bumps on the tip of your nose too? Really, my little sisters is so even and soft! I never knew that the cartilage in your nose could be thicker in places. Google just jumped skin cancer at me.

I've had the same fear. My cartilage is bumpy too. I made my doc feel it and she was like I don't feel anything.

Oh, I had a lump under my skin at the top of my nose a few years ago. I was nearly in tears too and made my mother feel it - she said that maybe it was just a zit that was under the skin. Within days, it was gone.

Not exactly the same as your situation, but I know how it feels to be upset by something that is harmless but feels so big to you. I'm glad you're feeling better about it
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I was obsessing over bumpiness on my nose cartilage at the tip earlier this year, it must be normal lol

Thread Information