Thread: Phobia of Wasps?????

Phobia of Wasps?????

although it comes at a very low rating in comparasion to the other problems and issues I am trying to resolve at the moment, I have since I was 5 years old suffered with a fear of wasps - to the point where I have jumped off boards, hurt my friends trying to get away from one, nearly ran in front of a lorry to get away from one.

Does anyone have the same fear and do you know how to deal with it? or a phobia to animals. I cant even look at a picture of a wasp

hi melina

i know how you feel i hate the dam things so bad it is about now i start to think of them and dread summer .
    i to rn as soon as i see one i panic i hate going in the garden it has made me hate summer realy .
    i have been trying to think of it like this even if they get to you it is only a sting it wont kill us it wont even hurt all that much and if they do sting they die dont they lol.
    i carnt say i can help you much but i do know how you feel [Sigh...]

jodie xx

Hi Melina,

I am terrified. Since being stung twice as a child i have a real phobia about them. I dont go in the garden when they are in season and if i do i make sure its later on so there not as troublesome.
    I cant go to the beach, fairground etc, when i used to pick my son up at school i would even take a newspaper with me so i can swat them.
    I have also put myself in danger numerous times trying to get away from them , and what i dont like is im passing the fear of them on to my son.
    I dont know if it is irrational as they will sting you even if you dont provoke them, my mum was hanging washing out for me one day and she felt something brush against her skin, gave it a flick and was stung so i rest my case !!
    I could go on about this subject for ever.

shirley xx

thanks for both of your notes!
    what started me off was that when I was 5, a wasp flew up my skirt, I remember the day clearly! I kept feeling like a pin prick several times, started screaming, one of my carers at the time (i was living in a childrens home at the time) ran over, slapped me around the legs a few times and then a dead wasp came out! I've actually still got the scar because it kept stinging me in the same place
    it totally ruins my summer too. I tried "wasp away" once (from Boots chemist) when I had to go to an important work barbecue and could not afford to embarrasse myself and everyone else - I almost used the whole bottle - this helped a bit, phycologicially more than anything else!

glad to talk to two fellow wasp haters, I which they were banished from the earth!!!!

They are awful! And so nasty! What purpose do they solve?

I really hate wasps, I have freaked out several times when confronted by one and once spent a whole holiday indoors because there were so many in the garden - what a waste!

I have tried the standing still thing but that doesn't always work. I know they hate citrus smells though, so in the summer I burn citrus candles in the garden (during the day!)

Wasps are and will always be b4st4rds!! They are natures way of showing that not all things have a purpose!!!

Whilst wasp stings are particularly unpleasant, the frequecy of stings to wasps is very very low....but as I say they are still b4st4rds!! Best is to try to ignore them as they arent actually interested in us as we are not part of their food chain. Most stings occur when wafting them away or because we get in their way.

We have found wasp traps useful, or actually site a food source away from where we are at..............however they are B******

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

I'm allergic to wasp and bee stings and I'm not scared of them (unlike my Ex who used to jump when seeing one).

I have a terrible phobia of spiders. I can not look at one on the TV or books without shivvering or having to look away. It started two years ago before I went to Egypt and a hug spider crawled across the couch, I was 2 feet away from it >.<

Hi I don't have fear of wasps. I guess I have normal fear of them in that if they buzz around me I try and move away but I can approach them etc.

I have heard that EFT therapy is good for phobias like this. Where it is phobia of a specific thing or animal, you can bring the fear feeling down quite quickly. I tried it on something once and felt a lot better and have heard good reviews about it. I thought I would suggest it because it might help you all.

Take care,
    Pebble. x

Hey,
    I also fear the bloody wasps. My fear is they are going to fly in my mouth and i will choke. I wont eat any friut off the trees in the summer for fear of eating one. Hate em hate em!
    Chris.

Thread Information