Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 days and nothing back from the hospital. Is no news good news or should I worry???

11 days and nothing back from the hospital. Is no news good news or should I worry???

Please.

Re: 11 days and nothing back from the hospital. Is no news good news or should I worr

Ts got to be no news good news if it was serious u 100 percent wud of heard by now x

Re: 11 days and nothing back from the hospital. Is no news good news or should I worr

Hi, got my results a few days ago and I was told no further action was required. Where shall I go from here then? That's all my blood tests and an x-ray that have come back normal yet I still retch day in day out and it isn't getting any better. It's becoming a real worry now I am not joking. If only I was brave enough for endoscopy then that might open up a whole new situation where they could definitely tell if anything was wrong internally but I cannot see myself having this procedure. I was so bad that I was crying on the x-ray machine before I had the barium swallow so its no exaggeration to say that I am a very bad patient...

Any suggestions anyone??

I think you've answered your own question about where to go next. If an endoscopy has been suggested to you by the doctor and you refused to have it, then there's not much more the doctors can do or say really, other than you'll have to go with the fact that blood tests and x-rays have all been clear, which indicates there's nothing physically wrong and that the doctors have said no further action is required.

I think there have been rather alot of people here who have suggested you try to get on top of your stress about it, rather then constantly seeking physical reassurences from the doctors.

ISB x

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    I think you've answered your own question about where to go next. If an endoscopy has been suggested to you by the doctor and you refused to have it, then there's not much more the doctors can do or say really, other than you'll have to go with the fact that blood tests and x-rays have all been clear, which indicates there's nothing physically wrong and that the doctors have said no further action is required.

I think there have been rather alot of people here who have suggested you try to get on top of your stress about it, rather then constantly seeking physical reassurences from the doctors.

ISB x
    Hi, I don't know how to get on top of my stress unfortunately. Nothing seems to work. Just went out and got far from home and started retching uncontrollably, my arm felt like it had gone dead and my eyes were unbelievably red and watery/puffy. I just cant seem to supress the urges to retch, in fact I am starting to wonder whether it's a disorder of my throat muscles or larynx. It doesn't feel particularly gastrointestinal.

Retch? You mean throw up? Anxiety can cause you to vomit.

Usually doctors will notify you if the tests came back to say that something was wrong. I'm no doctor but I'd say its.just anxiety related and maybe even eye related. I get nausea daily, and if I'm anxious my limbs can feel weak. I also have astigmatism and simulation sickness in which both can cause nausea.

Try not to worry, you're not a bad patient you just have anxiety and that's okay.. Take a breather, relax, get into some hobbies to take your mind off things.

Have you stopped drinking? I recall that when you did, the retching stopped.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by kristaok View Post
    Retch? You mean throw up? Anxiety can cause you to vomit.

Usually doctors will notify you if the tests came back to say that something was wrong. I'm no doctor but I'd say its.just anxiety related and maybe even eye related. I get nausea daily, and if I'm anxious my limbs can feel weak. I also have astigmatism and simulation sickness in which both can cause nausea.

Try not to worry, you're not a bad patient you just have anxiety and that's okay.. Take a breather, relax, get into some hobbies to take your mind off things.
    Hi, I don't feel sick ever when I am experiencing this urge to retch. I cannot describe it, I just feel it coming on at various stages of the day and I have to "try to be sick" by heaving even though I don't actually need to physically be sick if that makes sense. This has been occurring now since early 2013 and I still have no answer or remedy (apart from alcohol) that stops this cycle. It's unbelievably distressing and I have lost all quality of life and freedom. It's a disgusting condition to have to put up with for such a long period of my young life. I don't know what to suggest?
    Boorehave syndrome? Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome? Cancer? Ear, Nose and Throat issue? Allergic issue? Metabolic issue? Ulcers, H-Pylori, Oseopheogal spasms? Gastric mucosal lesions? The list is endless!!!

It's such a vague symptom which is so unusual that I don't know how I am ever going to get over it
    Out of that list I wonder which one it could be that's assuming it is physical and not mental illness of course...

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Have you stopped drinking? I recall that when you did, the retching stopped.

Positive thoughts
    Hi Fishmanpa, I went 5 weeks without alcohol consumption and I felt very good. However the retching urges started again as I entered the 6th week of sobriety so I concurred that alcohol wasn't a factor if the retching reappeared after a period of sobriety.
    So I started daily drinking again.

Quote Originally Posted by calumcco View Post
    Hi Fishmanpa, I went 5 weeks without alcohol consumption and I felt very good. However the retching urges started again as I entered the 6th week of sobriety so I concurred that alcohol wasn't a factor if the retching reappeared after a period of sobriety.
    So I started daily drinking again.
    With all due respect Cal, that's just total BS. It makes perfect sense and painfully obvious that drinking is the root of the issues you're experiencing. This is just an internet forum and it's quite apparent your problems cannot be solved in this medium or manner.

I'm going to take my leave at this point and wish you the very best. I hope you take the steps necessary to treat your illnesses (one of which is alcoholism IMO).

Good luck to you and as always,

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If I was in your position I would take every test I was offered.x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information