Thread: Panic attacks everytime I drink

Panic attacks everytime I drink

Hi, if I even have like one single shot of vodka or any alcohol I have panic attacks, the other day I went on a date and I had one shot of vodka, I had a panic attack and was crying the next day and I felt helpless and hopeless, last week I had a shot with my dinner, the next day I was crying and depressed and having panic attacks and bad hypochondria and bad thoughts, tonight I have a halloween party but I've decided not to drink at all. I'm only 22 and should be having fun but I've decided to stop drugs and drink, I used to smoke weed, I've stopped, I'm going to stop drinking. The panic attacks are so scary. I'm on prozac and I think it interacts with it. I've also cut down on caffeine and cigarettes, I only have like one or two cups of coffee a day and I don't smoke as much but I'd like to stop because it doesn't help my hypochondria, if I have a flu or a headache I think I'm gonna die, it's so scary! But does anyone else get panic attacks after even one alcoholic drink?

YOU DON'T NEED DRINKS AND DRUGS TO HAVE FUN, ALL YOU NEED IS GOOD COMPANY LOL

Re: Panic attacks everytime I drink

That might have something to do with an interaction with the Prozac.

I gave up weed and alcohol due to anxiety. It was the morning after though when it cranked up disturbingly high, not as soon as alcohol hit my system. So maybe the prozac doesn't like it.

Hey
    the alcohol speeds up your nervous system and makes your heart beat fast etc Then you get scared and have a panic attack. I used to be the same.
    The syptoms youre experiencing are really harmless. They will never hurt you!
    Try to let them come!
    Jon
    Please see my blog to read about the techniques which have helped me be able to leave my house, travel to the other side of the world, become a teacher, and speak in front of 50 plus people. http://therightinnervoice.com/

Yeah, it's not right away when I drink, it's the next day

Hi Kelsey

Whilst it is true that alcohol can create slight bodily sensations that could trigger panic if you are sensitised - if you are experiencing immediate panic after one drink then it is likely that your attacks are due to 'anticipatory' anxiety.

When I suffered from Panic disorder I used to get panic attacks if I was anywhere near a snooker table - now obviously snooker tables do not cause panic attacks. The problem was I had had a massive panic attack while I was playing snooker so after that point that became a huge trigger for me.

You now fear that you will have a panic attack if you have a drink - so you will have high levels of anticipatory anxiety either thinking about a drink or taking a drink which will mean that panic will be very easily triggered.

Download CBT4PANIC and you will learn all about this and how to deal with it.

Although it's not a bad thing that you have had to stop drinking or taking weed :-)

CBT4Panic is now completely FREE and anyone can access the full programme here http://cbt4panic.org/

hi I personally believe youd have to drink more than that to trigger anxiety so I believe as above you have now told your body theres going to be a problem if that alcohol enters your body then you dwell on it and BANG A panic attack

Thread Information