Thread: Recovery/Advice

Recovery/Advice

My intrusive thoughts have definitely gotten better. Of course they still linger but I'm better at ignoring them now except for new obsessive thought. "Would I like acting out on my thoughts" the thing is I have no desire to act on my thoughts and no interest to. I don't even like my intrusive thoughts.
    I have a bit of magical thinking as well telling me I will go to hell if my answer is yes.
    I'm trying to ignore this question and not answer it because whenever I do I go in circles with it leading me to know it is a OCD thought.
    Guilt is powerful when I'm ignoring this question because of course I want to answer no but when I do I give it more power!
    Any advice ? I also promised God I wouldn't like acting out on these thoughts, so I'm trying to hold on to that.

Re: Recovery/Advice

You should research though action fusion. In OCD if you have a thought, the though action fusion makes you think that you are more likely to act it out, but it is false. Thought action fusion is not real. The more you think about it, it doesn't make you any more likely to act out the thought.

Thread Information