Thread: Blood in poo, help!

Exclamation Blood in poo, help!

Every time I go to poop, it looks like there's blood IN the poop. I often get constipated due to my poor diet, which can cause me to bleed a little, but this is different. As opposed to me bleeding, it looks like the blood is directly within the poop itself - I can't explain it without sounding gross, sorry. But there's NOT a lot of it. This also seems to be accompanied by white stuff that looks like mucus - which there is also not a lot of.

The problem is, I don't have any other symptoms. I've had a look on the NHS websites and gone through all the symptoms - I have no pain, discomfort, or anything. In fact, I feel perfectly normal! I have excellent hygiene (probably an invalid point) but just putting that out there lol.

I take Propranalol for anxiety and apparently one of the side effects is gastrointestinal problems. But I've been on them for over a year and I've never had any side effects, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I don't take any other medication apart from that, and I haven't had any major diet alterations either.

TL;DR Every time I poop, it looks like there's blood in the stool... like, actually PART of it. It also looks like there's some white stuff (mucus?) Any ideas what that is?

Re: Blood in poo, help!

I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet.
    I have heard of people starting to get side effects from medication they've been on a long time, so that might be a possibility.
    As it's every time though, and you're really worried about it, why not see your doctor so you can get a sample analysed. There's probably quite s simple explanation, and it would put your mind at rest.

Whenever I've looked up poo related stuff on the internet, it always says go to your doctor if there is blood in your stool.

Get thee to a doctor! Don't worry about what it might be from, just tell them all the symptoms and they will work it out for you.

The member that posted this has not been back since so may not see any replies

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks guys, I've just seen the replies. The issue seemed to be related to constipation :/ I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow relating to the same thing, as I've had further troubles. Really hoping I can get this sorted out! Appreciate the replies

Hi. How are you now?
    PND - Dignosed 2014
    Health Anxiety - Diagnosed 2014

You may think im greedy, but I didnt choose these disorders, they chose me

Thread Information