Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vitamin c?

fighting on still

Hey, no worries

For now try vit-c (1000mg only when you feel stressed)

Omega-3 5 days a week

zinc/magnesium 5 days a week

that leaves, say weekend for 2 day off. Give your system a rest, and your body will not get saturated with the supps and lose their efficacy

vit-c, zinc/mag, & omega can all be purchased from Holland & Barrett.

if you want Kava, Theanine then I can recommend some vendors

regards

Dave

Thanks alot for your help Dave
    I am hopefully on the road to recovery so any help is MUCH appreciated
    Made me giggle though when you say only have VtC when you are stressed - thats constantly im afraid lol - it may be due to having 4 (plus 3 step) children??? I am not the mother earth type unfortunatley!
    I am so grateful to find this site for support
    Thanks again
    I will be buying it all immediatley
    Nikki

Hi Dave
    Where do you recommend getting Kava from as I can find an alternative online but not sure if its the same thing?
    Thanks N

dave11282 hi there, same age.

Did you catch my post on Omega 3, it's good stuff, glad to see you're using it.

Good understanding on alcohol, it's 180degrees the opposite to omega 3 so it'd be wiping out the benefits totally.

Just like vit c it won't be stored in the body so if you take too much its flushed out but your body will recalibrate thinking thats the normal does and in effect flush out more of the right dose for a while until it re-calibrates.

Reading between the lines of all the stuff you are doing it sounds like you, that is your conscious mind, is doing too much trying to sort it all out.

Perhaps you need to let your unconscous mind now let you understand why you need all what's going off in your life right now.

Or putting it another way, you mentioned you'd been having panic attacks since c.13. What do you need to give up believing to let those issues go, now?

Be pleased to speak further

Brian

Hi Dave, are you sure you're not me???!!! lol. I take the same cocktail along with the prescribed stuff (though I don't take Kava).

Love Jo x

Jo

JO

glad you like my cocktail...

has taken years to fine tune.
    ==============
    fightingon

http://www.biovea.net/product_detail.asp?PID=436

for kava

http://www.naturesbestonline.co.uk/

for Theanine

=================

bb

I know what you mean, I know my subconscious needs working on.
    I had a serious motorcycle accident which at 17 yrs old amplified all my anxiety. I have been clinically diagnosed with PTSD, so this has been my main focus. To reduce the physical & emotional symptoms.

I am at a crossroads, and I need to take this to the next stage, many thanks for the prompt, I just have to find out whether hypnotherapy or something similar might the next stage, any ideas?

regards

Dave

Hi dave11282, yes, it isn't that quick to get answers to our issues sometimes.

Ref next steps, your words were "I had a serious motorcycle accident which at 17 yrs old amplified all my anxiety"

Since it "amplified" them I hear you say they were already there b4 the accident.

If that's right then there might be a couple of issues to work through, the accident and then where the formative beliefs were created which installed anxiety as an appropriate reaction for you.

There are various ways to take this forward, for example and in no particular order; CBT, hypnotherapy, EDMSR (think that's right, sorry) and some others that I and others use.

Not pushing any one since the best approach in the wrong hands or with a therapist you just plain don't get on with will fail. Don't construe that the technique is wrong if the proponent can't use it right.

Your symptom, anxiety is doing something positive for you - Sounds whacky but it's true. When you can / If you have accepted this is possible then you're very close to being ready to gain the insight that'll come with understanding why this was installed.

Sounds simple - it is in one respect but also it's hard - no one likes to have to face they got dealt a bum deal, but to stick with that metaphor, once the cards are on the table for all to see it's possible to see who of the peer group or role models around you were cheating at that card game, back then.

HTH to clarify

Regards

Brian

Brian

I have made an appt for next week to have consultation to see if hypnotherapy will be of benefit

I will let ya know how i go

regards

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information