Thread: Lump in the right side of the neck

Lump in the right side of the neck

I have a pea size lump in the neck, showed to the Doctor and she sent me for an ultrasound, mainly because I had shoulder pain.
    The scan revealed an Hypoechoic image of 10 by 5mm in the supraespinatus compatible with tendonitis. and a non-especific supraclavicular ganglion (the same as lymph node) of 9.6mm.
    My Doctor said the ganglion (the same as lymph node) could be because of the tendonitis and she didn't think much of it. When I question her about lymphoma she said it could be but is like saying that every headache is a brain tumor. In the net they mention that this could be a sign of cancer (lymphoma, cancer of the lung or throat) why my Doctor doesn't biopsy the lump just to be in the safe side. I went to a second Doctor and she could hardly feel it and said no to worry about it that the lump it's too small. I don't know what to do.
    I keep thinking that with cancer the longer you leave it unattended the more difficult is to treat. Could someone advise me about what to do? How long does Lymphoma takes to progress to dangerous stages? Have you experienced lumps in the neck? Thank you.

Re: Lump in the right side of the neck

Quote Originally Posted by star68 View Post
    I have a pea size lump in the neck, showed to the Doctor and she sent me for an ultrasound, mainly because I had shoulder pain.
    The scan revealed an Hypoechoic image of 10 by 5mm in the supraespinatus compatible with tendonitis. and a non-especific supraclavicular ganglion (the same as lymph node) of 9.6mm.
    My Doctor said the ganglion (the same as lymph node) could be because of the tendonitis and she didn't think much of it. When I question her about lymphoma she said it could be but is like saying that every headache is a brain tumor. In the net they mention that this could be a sign of cancer (lymphoma, cancer of the lung or throat) why my Doctor doesn't biopsy the lump just to be in the safe side. I went to a second Doctor and she could hardly feel it and said no to worry about it that the lump it's too small. I don't know what to do.
    I keep thinking that with cancer the longer you leave it unattended the more difficult is to treat. Could someone advise me about what to do? How long does Lymphoma takes to progress to dangerous stages? Have you experienced lumps in the neck? Thank you.
    I had head and neck cancer. The nodes in my neck were large enough to see. A node under a cm is considered normal and too small to biopsy.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Lump in the right side of the neck

If there is one guy I would listen to on this subject it is him ^^^^^^

Thread Information