Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Symptoms come and go

Re: Symptoms come and go

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm sorry that you are so angry, Dave and I know you are having a really tough time. I often think that these NICE guidelines are a complete farce and as much use as a chocolate teapot when you're really up against it...however if people have been helped in their recovery by these therapies then they are being really generous in trying to help you in your quest to feel more able to cope with life and maybe you should bear this in mind when replying?

I can very well appreciate how desperate you are to feel better and I really hope that things will improve for you very soon
    I agree to an extent pulisa, and I agree because the medical world do not understand anxiety & depression unless they have suffered it. I think NICE need to work much harder. From reading some of the comments of Dr Paul Salkovskis, he has been involved in 2 rounds of evidence reviews for anxiety treatments over the years and NICE guidance is a bit behind the times in some respects. Its also not followed properly but a lot of this is due to the fractured nature of the NHS with local commissioners who seem to differ to each other, thus taking the 'N' out of NHS.

I'm a big believer in trying what works for you and the NHS often catch up as clinical evidence develops.

I am skeptical of non evidence based therapies but if you do your research you can find independent evidence that might be enough to give it a try, for instance accupuncture which is developing a decent looking body of evidence for anxiety disorders.

Mindfulness on the other hand has support all over the world in its MBCT and MBSR forms so its something we can try and decide whether it works for us or not, because anxiety disorders are a very personal journey and whilst the brain works a certain way, we often need different ways to move forward.

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I'mdave27 View Post
    There was an antidepressant and CBT whole lot of good that done some of us - did you read that ? I same some , not all , but some. So the Lord spoke to Terry in a vicious tone shouting 'make all infidels of mindfulness burn in eternal hell - I can not afford to have some half decent inbred mock me of my teachings when it provides me a good profit' terry wide eyed looked at the Lord in disgust but he dare not to question the Lords commands when it has provided him so much comfort in a world full of crazed beings , once known as the human race. Chickpea looks at terry anticipating his next move , 'do it terry what has the infidels ever done for you that was so great ? After all you can always mindful you're way out of believing these earthly creatures deserved such punishment' chickpea had blood foaming from the sides of her mouth...the rest was upto dear old terry
    I agree to an extent with you over antidepressants and CBT Dave, its not for everyone. Some people, from reading threads on this website, seem to respond well to more natural methods or other forms of therapy. Anxiety is a personal journey and whilst the brain will recover in the same way, the routes to recovery may need to differ between people so we have to be open minded and try things out for ourselves as medical professionals are not allowed by their code of ethics to recommend anything that has no evidence or questionable evidence of efficacy.

The rest I won't address. Thanks to other posters for the support, Dave doesn't offend me, he pales in comparison to people I have dealt with in real life and on non health related forums where aggression is common and I don't tend to care about 'keyboard warriors' as they always lack the courage of their convictions. Oddly enough, before the Mindfulness, I would have reacted in a more aggressive manner due to the beliefs & change in attitude that had occurred in me from within the environment I had been working, but what purpose does that serve on a mental health forum? I just see it as another test for anxiety, accepting the attitudes of others, good or bad...I'm not a pacifist in any way, but I think there is a time for reaction and a time for dismissal.

Just a tip though Dave, you may want to reread and rewrite it as you have made several contradictions.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 07-11-14 at 09:48.

I'm scared you sent the NMP police after me - whoop whoop here comes the boys in blue

So often I see a thread over 3 pages long and think...I wonder if that dave has posted on it..."keyboard warrior" is certainly the term as the content of his posts doesn't even reach the standards of offence or bullying because it's so moronic.

Anyway, I didn't know you were into mindfulness, Terry, that's good to see. One day I hope there will be a board for it on here. I'd say it's a "movement" not a fad as that other member puts it, and even if it fades in popularity it will have definitely had an effect on psychology and culture. Unlike medication, mindfulness stays with us permanently to some extent - but then again - won't work for everyone. It something you're geared towards, or not. I'd still consider it a spiritual matter as those who are spiritual (or hippy) are easy with the concept and practise, but those who are down to earth are not. I'm sorry I'm digressing....

I'm concerned about Rennie, and would like to hear some input from you. Hoping you are feeling a bit better today.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Dave is no longer on NMP.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 07-11-14 at 18:33.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Sorry to have to say I'm pleased to read this.
    Moronic, offensive, nasty, whatever - his posts were unacceptable.

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Rennie I am wondering how you are doing? It seems a while since you posted sending you hugs

Your thread's a spam magnet Rennie

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Ean I saw some other spam about the place, even on one of my threads and I am veggie!!! Don't want no meat in my threads.

Anyway, how r u doing Rennie?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information