Hi All,

Me again. Last week I was posting about headaches (which have gone). The week before about urinating symptoms (which have gone). So onto the next worry! It would be funny if it wasn't so depressingly familiar.

I have had a varicocele for about 6 years. From time to time it flares up. When I say 'flares up' I get the slightest discomfort in my groin area which would probably not even be noticeable to someone who is not a hypochondriac like me. I then start to worry if it is non-varicocele related. Maybe I have testicular cancer (this is the condition I thought I had when I first got my health anxiety). I have had this varicocele diagnosed no less than 3 times over the years, so I KNOW its that, but that doesnt stop me worrying.

I have been self-examining my testicles for lumps about 3 times a day, and every time I go to the toilet. I cant find anything but I just don't know. Perhaps a slight nobbly bit is cancer? I don't know. I am tempted to go to the doctor again but it is a complete waste of everyone's time given that I know I am being silly.

Does anyone else have a varicocele? I just need some reassurance I think.