Thread: Interview Thursday

Interview Thursday

Hi Guys

Got a promotion board Thursday for a senior civil service position. There is a 3 line whip and I just know I am going to get those feelings where my body goes pins and needles and I feel like I am outside looking in

The post has been basically laid on a plate, I am the only applicant the others were sifted out as I know the hiring manager

Is there anything I can get from the doctor which will now have to be an emergency appointment to stop these feelings affecting my performance

I was diagnosed with anxiety a year or so ago but I refused to take the Citralopram offered and can manage it fine in my day to day life but I have not done an interview in 4 years. I am so on edge I am contemplating having a few vodkas beforehand as I know alcohol makes me feel just fine but its also probably a disciplinary or at least a cert failure on the board

Re: Interview Thursday

You can ask your doctor if there's anything that they can prescribe to help put you at ease. Don't go for the vodka option!! Ha ha not a good move..

Interviews are nerve racking for many of us but I find personally when it comes down to the day it's much better than I expected. It's the build up in your head that makes it worse. Big deep breaths and a confident stance help!

Good luck

thank youy MissLady - I'll let you all know how it went

Good stuff

I would be careful before you start taking medications that affect your brain. For me it has done more harm than good when I started taking it. These medications take a while to take effect and I'm not sure if they will be ready to take effect in time for your interview.

There is a good book on interview techniques. It is called brilliant answers to tough interview questions by Susan Hodgson. So if you have an idea as to what questions they might ask you then at least that may ease your nerves.

I wish you all the best.

Doc has prescribed Diazepam but said do not take on the day as you will look drugged For anyone with experience of this drug if I take it the night before will it stop / mean I will have less of a chance of panic symptoms the following day ?

Thread Information