Thread: over the phone therapy sessions.

over the phone therapy sessions.

Just a quick question... Has anyone else ever had over the phone therapy sessions. I am due my third appointment this afternoon. Just a bit confused and dubious to how it works over the phone??

Thankyou!

Re: over the phone therapy sessions.

I had Level 2 Guided Self Help over 5 telephone sessions for about 20 minutes each after an initial assessment.

It was helpful and I was willing to take any help, but it was never going to be enough as they stated I needed Level High Intensity Therapy for fulll CBT.

How mine worked was they set an appointment time and then gave you a call. The therapist then just set the agenda for the call and we went from there. Where she suggested I document things she would send me a template via email and ask for it back a few days before the next session so she could review it. Then we would discuss that in the next session and go from there.

This was a cut down because Level 2 is all about smaller less complex interventions that are CBT based.

Are you having full therapy over the phone? Many in the private sector offer this and I've seen some do it via Skype or in webinars.

Thread Information