Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Receiving Bad Gateway Messages on a few threads tonight

Receiving Bad Gateway Messages on a few threads tonight

Hi mods,

I've bene getting the following message when trying to access a few threads tonight:

502 Bad Gateway

nginx

It's only a few, the rest are fine. I've just managed to access one of them and leave a comment and then it happened again.

Kind regards.

Terry

Re: Receiving Bad Gateway Messages on a few threads tonight

It is when the server is busy Terry. Someone else had it recently and it went away in the end.

It could be at the time the backup runs that it occurs

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nic,

I've never had this before so I wondered if it was due to the new forum?

Its still happening at the moment but its only been the last 2 nights.

Sorry about the duplicate threads, it keeps giving me the 30 second wait message and I was clicking preview and adding from there but as I did this it must have also created the thread. I couldn't get back into them to delete them.

---------- Post added at 06:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 ----------

Update: It has been worse this morning. I found between 3:30-5pm I couldn't even access a single thread at some times.

It is due to the new server Terry.

Alex is working on "fine tuning" it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi, Terry!

For me the problem got worse and worse. An administrator (thanks if it was you, Nic! I think it may have been!) suggested I try using a different search engine, and I still find that's the only way NMP functions well for me now. I don't particularly care for Internet Explorer, not nearly as user-friendly as Google Chrome for me, but I only use it for NMP. I just click onto the "e" icon to switch over.

I know it's annoying, but try it if all else fails! Good luck!
    Marie

Thanks Marie,

I've cleared my caches, fixed any registries and I am still having the same issues but I tried IE as you recommended and I'm having no problems at all now. I have reinstalled Chrome and the problem is the same.

So, perhaps since its the same for both of us and we were both using Chrome, its specific to certain browsers?

Thanks Nic. I used to build a lot of databases in my work so I can imagine how bleary-eyed Alex is...I hope he hasn't headbutted too many walls the last few nights!!!

He needs to tune a few things Terry like apache and sql but we will get there I hope

Just to update one this:

I was using IE on here (horribly slow as ever!) but about 2 weeks ago I started testing Chrome again and found it was working better but I was still getting a few of these messages. About a week ago though, this stopped completely so Alex must have fixed it all.

Marie - does your Chrome work on here now?

Mines doing this as well haven't been able to read a thread for weeks

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

I haven't been able to read a thread for weeks

I've had a lot of bad gateway and server connection time out things in the last few days and then I can't get on here for half an hour or so, maybe everyone has the blues at the moment! Has happened while posting and I lost the post which was a shame. I'll try a different brower next time

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information