Ok so my a new symptom started 2 days ago and I have been worried sick since! I was laying in bed in the dark and had had my eyes closed for about 5 mins. Out of nowhere this small colourful shimmering blob appeared in the centre of my vision. I have suffered from visual migraines in the past and this is usually how one starts, if any of you also have them you will know what I mean, it's like a silvery shimmering blind spot. So I open my eyes in a panic and for the next 15 or so mins I can see this spot on and off when I look at things and then it disappeared, it never progressed into a full on optical migraine. You see this is what worries me so it must be something else. Since this episode I have been seeing this shimmering blind spot on and off with my eyes closed and with them open. This is generally not accompanied by pain but sometimes a slight nauseating feeling afterwards although that could just be me panicking. I have been under severe stress and anxiety lately, could it just be down to stress and can anyone relate? Feel like I'm going mad!