Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valerian root ❤❤

Valerian root ❤❤

Hi I've been using valerian root for just Over a week and I have noticed a relatively good change in my anxiety,worry and sleep ...after using all different anti depressants and not getting any benefit from them they just made me feel a lot worse and sort of detached from myself so I stopped taking them I read about valerian on the Internet and thought I'd give them a try and I'm so glad I did I sleep a lot better it usually takes me a good few hours to fall asleep and wake up countless times during the night but after 3 days of takin valerian I hae fallen asleep within an hour and slept through all night my anxiety is not as bad and I don't seem to worry as much as I was. I really couldn't fault valerian at all it's done wonders for me...I'm not saying it will work for everyone but if u haven't tried it then Theres no harm in giving it a go it could work for u ...I have been taking 2 975mg an hour before bed every night I use Swanson brand as its said to be the best ....don't go thinking its a mirecal cure cause its not it just takes the edge off the anxiety and helps u sleep a lot better :-)

Re: Valerian root ❤❤

Thats good to here Red angel, if it works, try it.

Is it due to the strength that if has kicked in quicker for you because I remember reading it can take a few weeks to build up in our systems? I also saw something about cycling on and off somewhere.

Its a lot easier to deal with anxiety when you can sleep. I've always found poor sleep equals worse days and as you recover, your sleep gets better at the same time so there is an obvious link there and maybe if we can't treat one, we treat the other which enables us to move forward?

Some seem to have hops included as well. Have yours?

Hi I'm not sure why it worked so quick to be honest maybe it's a plazibo affect or could be the strength of the dose I'm taking ..whatever it is I'm just glad it's working :-) I read up quite a lot before buying them and yes your ment to take them for a maximum of 6 weeks then come off them there is no evidence to say it can be harmful if u don't come off them but I suppose with them having sedative qualities its probably not a good idea to take them long term . No mine don't have hops in I don't think it just says velatian root ...they have really helped with my sleep and feel a lot calmer during the day too :-)

I haven't tried Valerian root, I'm trying rescue remedy drops currently.

Hi
    I have quit Mirtazapine 6 weeks ago and currently taking Valerian Root 2 x 500mg by Simply Supplements and also 1500mg of GABA each night. My anxiety levels feel under control and I am getting about 7-8hrs of broken sleep night which I can function on. The Valerian seems to help with sleep, general mood and also fends off some of the aches and pains I get with my depression.

I'm growing valerian but have another year before I can harvest it. Lemon balm is easier to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope1968 View Post
    Hi
    I have quit Mirtazapine 6 weeks ago and currently taking Valerian Root 2 x 500mg by Simply Supplements and also 1500mg of GABA each night. My anxiety levels feel under control and I am getting about 7-8hrs of broken sleep night which I can function on. The Valerian seems to help with sleep, general mood and also fends off some of the aches and pains I get with my depression.
    GABA was banned at the same time as GHB as it became part of the kneejerk reaction by the government of the time to the date rape trend.

Its not recorded on the Misuse of Drugs Regulations schedules so I'm not sure at this stage whether it is classed the same as GHB. If it is, its illegal to possess as well as import. If its not then I would suspect it to be a Part II substance which means it is legal to possess but still not legal to import as thats classed as "trafficking" which allows Customs to invoke their separate act of seizure and then prosecution under trafficking if they wish to.

Since GABA is a Prescription Only Medicine (POM) in the UK, it is also covered the Medicines Act. There is some information online from the MHRA in a forum showing they are not interested in personal use volumes unless it is countefeit but its aged so its unclear what they stance is on this. However, Customs can still take their own action.

There are websites aimed at selling to the UK but they will be licenced to export in their own countries and unless its in the Convention on Psychotropic Substances (if they are members of the United Nations), they will be fine doing that as long as local law allows for it.

Having said that, it was only banned due to the bad press over GHB and it is available as an OTC in the US. The fact the US are fine with it being on a supermarket shelf tells me its very safe and I remember all the kneejerk actions the government took to ban substances because of date rape and the athletics scandals which saw DHEA get banned for no reason as well (another one OTC in the US!).

Valerian is really good in calming people and it helps me a lot too.

I am currently taking Propranolol, Omeprazole and Mirtazapine. Whilst the mirtazapine can help with my sleep, I find it can be unreliable. So I was wondering if I could stop taking the mirt and use valerian for sleep instead? Does anybody have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by benji80 View Post
    I am currently taking Propranolol, Omeprazole and Mirtazapine. Whilst the mirtazapine can help with my sleep, I find it can be unreliable. So I was wondering if I could stop taking the mirt and use valerian for sleep instead? Does anybody have any ideas?
    No ideas, I think that you would have to consult a doctor on that because it does interact with certain meds.
    I take valerian root tincture, I find it is very very good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information