Thread: so depressed

so depressed

Hi,

I don't know what to do i feel so depressed. I have had panic disorder in the past when my uncle died i have always been a worrier. I was given citalopram and it helped. 5 months ago i took on a new job with a whole more responsibilities. I took a panic attack in this job a week ago. Im the manager in a store i cannot leave the store and this made me panic. Ive took time off my manager was very understanding and gave me a weeks holiday but i still feel rubbish infact worse. I constantly have negative thoughts about going back to work. I feel the best situation would be to quit but i couldnt afford to live on job seekers. I feel so low all the time i dont want to do anything at all and i find the smallest of tasks hard to do so i know i couldnt run a shop. Ive been on citalopram for 5 days now and do realise that it gets worse before better but i really don't know what to do anymore.

Re: so depressed

Hi. How are you feeling now? I'm in exactly the same situation. Currently off work as I'm getting panic attacks there. I feel sick to my stomach at work and I feel trapped there. I'm off this week and anxious of going back but I just want the nausea to stop. Life seems hopeless. I can't quit as I have a mortgage but I really never want to go back. I upped my citalopram to 20mg on Friday so hoping it will kick in soon. How are you feeling on yours?

Both of you, please look in my post history for my first posts from 5 years ago.
    I was where you are now, struggling with horrendous anxiety, panic and starting Citalopram.

It is tough but as you will see, it gets better. Keep the faith.x

Hi jenn,

I feel a little better im back to work on tuesday still kinda scared of that. Ive upped the cita to 20 seems to be working better now. I think the thing to do is persevere with it and have a more positive thought patter. I know easier said than done but give the cita some time to work. I hope your feeling better its horrible. If you need to talk message me .

Thread Information