Thread: Throat Issues (Swallowing, twinges etc.)

Throat Issues (Swallowing, twinges etc.)

OK, so since July, my throat has been a bit weird. I had an episode where I thought I inhaled something and it went down the wrong way so I coughed really hard just to make sure.

Then I proceeded to be paranoid about it for weeks, feeling like my throat was closing up, I couldn't swallow properly, things were getting caught in my throat when I ate and I was coughing a lot.

Most of that has cleared up now but it still doesn't feel right and I am worried that it might be thyroid related or some kind of tumor or something. A couple of weeks back, it felt like something popped on the left side of my throat while I was eating and it made my neck twinge for days afterwards.

As of typing, I still have the sense that there is something in my throat though it doesn't effect me eating or anything. It just feels tight and every now and again it will twinge on the left side, like a cramp almost.

Feeling the outside of my throat, I don't notice any lumps or swellings as such (it's hard to know, I mean the left side feels like it protrudes a bit more than the right but not obviously so).

Could this all be anxiety related? Or does it suggest something more serious? I went to the doctors back in August when it was first a problem and she felt around and took a swab and everything was negative.

Thanks!

Re: Throat Issues (Swallowing, twinges etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Moondreams View Post
    OK, so since July, my throat has been a bit weird. I had an episode where I thought I inhaled something and it went down the wrong way so I coughed really hard just to make sure.

Then I proceeded to be paranoid about it for weeks, feeling like my throat was closing up, I couldn't swallow properly, things were getting caught in my throat when I ate and I was coughing a lot.

Most of that has cleared up now but it still doesn't feel right and I am worried that it might be thyroid related or some kind of tumor or something. A couple of weeks back, it felt like something popped on the left side of my throat while I was eating and it made my neck twinge for days afterwards.

As of typing, I still have the sense that there is something in my throat though it doesn't effect me eating or anything. It just feels tight and every now and again it will twinge on the left side, like a cramp almost.

Feeling the outside of my throat, I don't notice any lumps or swellings as such (it's hard to know, I mean the left side feels like it protrudes a bit more than the right but not obviously so).

Could this all be anxiety related? Or does it suggest something more serious? I went to the doctors back in August when it was first a problem and she felt around and took a swab and everything was negative.

Thanks!
    You should go to the doctor again for an ultrasound thyroid and test for GERD.

Thread Information