Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awaiting results of MRI scan done today

Awaiting results of MRI scan done today

Hello All, I have just joined this forum because this morning (Saturday) I had an appointment for an MRI scan referred by my Neurologist. I am now absolutely worried about the results. When it was over, I asked how I would get the results and she said the Neurologist would write to me but I forgot to ask how long I would need to wait. I am trying to work on the 'no news is good news' and I believe if there was anything serious to worry about they would ring me straight away (ie would they ring today? on a Saturday?) I am dreading Monday and will be on tenterhooks as to whether I will get a phone call - how can I cope with the next 2 - 3 days? please advise :-(

Re: Awaiting results of MRI scan done today

You can cope because you have no choice but to cope.

There is no point stressing over something that will most probably never happen to be honest and making yourself ill over it.

Just enjoy the weekend and keep busy if you have to.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Has anyone had to wait a long time for their results? is no news good news do you think?

Hi Carina62

I had to wait 2 weeks and it was all clear

Is no news good news? since you only had it done on Saturday I guess no news is well just that no news

Please don't worry although I must admit I was a bit on edge waiting it's particularly bad when you suffer from anxiety

Just try and relax I'm sure you will be ok there is not much more anyone can say

Best wishes

I waited about 10 days for me results and they were clear. It is hard waiting but like others have said if you keep distracted the time will go quicker.

My nemisis is waiting for results. I think all health care facilities should send us on an all-expense paid vacation while we wait.

Thanks. i have been on tenterhooks today and have jumped everytime the phone has rung. I don't think i will be able to relax properly until Wed or by the end of this week but i keep telling myself that if it was anything 'serious' they would have contacted me by now - surely?

I've been waiting almost 2 weeks since my thyroid ultrasound for the very large nodule and cysts I have in it. Going in less than 2 hours to find out what they saw. Probably following up with a biopsy - which means another 2 weeks of waiting. I can't wait for 2 weeks to go by as I just want the final answer/game plan from the doctors and some anxiety relief. I feel you all. Glad everyone's results were clear!

After 5 weeks of waiting, I finally received my MRI results and I don't know what to make of them. Basically the letter states that it shows up a 14mm calcified, extra axial lesion in the left frontal region, probably meningioma but that it requires no further action. I've scared myself by googling 'meningioma' and it comes up with brain tumour!! I'm confused :-( Can anyone advise please?

Quote Originally Posted by carina62 View Post
    After 5 weeks of waiting, I finally received my MRI results and I don't know what to make of them. Basically the letter states that it shows up a 14mm calcified, extra axial lesion in the left frontal region, probably meningioma but that it requires no further action. I've scared myself by googling 'meningioma' and it comes up with brain tumour!! I'm confused :-( Can anyone advise please?
    Yeah, it is a type of non cancerous tumor. I myself, have 5 of them. Who sent you to do the lab works? Have they talked to you about it? You need to see a neurologist to speak about the options if you want a removal.

For me, we have found that keeping the tumors as they are is the safest. My doctor told me most with meningioma have them since born and they don't even know have any side affects.

Mine are pretty troublesome with migraines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information