Thread: Bad night sweats last night

Bad night sweats last night

Now I'm in real panic mode...had some bad night sweats last night...around the same time as usual. A few hours after falling asleep. I woke up to a clammy back of the neck and chest and beads of sweaty rolling down.
    This is becoming a regular occurrence now.
    I am convinced it's lymphoma as the gland in my neck is still swollen.
    What should I do?
    I tried to calm myself into thinking the night sweats for lymphoma are normally "drenching" but my then came across a couple of personal stories online when people have been diagnosed and only had the mild kind of sweats :(

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Bad night sweats last night

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAfraid23 View Post
    Now I'm in real panic mode...had some bad night sweats last night...around the same time as usual. A few hours after falling asleep. I woke up to a clammy back of the neck and chest and beads of sweaty rolling down.
    What should I do?
    I tried to calm myself into thinking the night sweats for lymphoma are normally "drenching" but my then came across a couple of personal stories online when people have been diagnosed and only had the mild kind of sweats :(

My guess is that it's happening at the same time each night because you hit a particular point in your sleep cycle, maybe to do with dreaming/REM and it's a physical reaction to whatever's going on in your brain.

I have had numerous episodes of the sort of sweats you describe over the years - I mean, literally waking up dripping in sweat on my neck and chest - and I don't have lymphoma.

Are you taking any meds ?

What should I do?
    Stop googling. But if you must: google any symptom with 'lymphoma' at the end. Knee pain and lymphoma; cystitis and lymphoma; headaches and lymphoma; heavy periods and lymphoma; acid reflux and lymphoma; red eyes and lymphoma etc etc etc.

You will find it.

In a very significant number of cases, palpable lymph nodes aren't even present upon diagnosis.

Not sure that's going to help eeesh - If you are going to google anything google it with "anxiety" on the end!

I had this a couple of weeks ago, and I've got lumps in my neck - it's stopped now because I opened the window at night and told my brain I do not have lymphoma - if you are worrying about something perpetually which you seem to be, then your head will also be dealing with it at night, causing what is essentially a night time panic attack and what is a symptom of a panic attack? - increased sweating to cool your body down. Crack a window, kick off the duvet and don't let your brain keep reinforcing your fears.

I've got an appointment with the nurse this afternoon for my BCP so I might ask her to feel my glands too...getting myself into a state about this.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

I've got an appointment with the nurse this afternoon for my BCP so I might ask her to feel my glands too...getting myself into a state about this.
    All the fear and posts and you "might" ask? I don't get that. ASK and get the fear quelled!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

When my anxiety was at an all-time high about two years ago, I used to wake up drenched with sweat. My pyjamas and pillow would be soaked with it. So I'm guessing it might be related to the anxiety. It causes all sorts. :(

Thread Information