Thread: Don't want to be Anxious for CBT

Don't want to be Anxious for CBT

Hi folks! I am going to my first CBT session tomorrow and I am really Anxious about it since I am not used to being around new people. I don't want to be too Anxious in case it makes me want to get out off the room and cut the whole session short. My doctor prescribed me with 1MG Lorezapam tablets, and I am suppose to take only 1 when I am going out somewhere. 1 tablet only helps me just a little bit and I just want to take another one so it helps me enough to go out tomorrow. Is there any harm on just taking one more so it can safe me a lot of Anxiety tomorrow?

Re: Don't want to be Anxious for CBT

I don't know about the medication, but I just wanted to say that I was exactly the same when I started mine...I was for some sessions after that...but the therapist was very good as she must see people like us all day, everyday. So, I think you need to be open about this and make them aware so that they can try to reassure you e.g. if you need a break we can take one, etc.

i was also very anxious at my cbt group sessions but once i got into it i really enjoyed it,go you will be fine i promise

I'd say use it as an opportunity to work on that with the therapist. Be open about it and you might be surprised at how it goes

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I only took 1 to get me through it and I happy to say that I wasn't Anxious when I was at the Hospital. My therapist gave me a lot of time to talk about my problems and he said that it is brilliant how he managed to get a lot written down in the space of time the session took. I am very happy to say that I am actually looking forward to my next session. I am really beginning to think that CBT will do me a lot of good.

Well done!!!

Thread Information