Thread: Initial Side Effects

Initial Side Effects

Hi all.
    I am new on here. I am on day 10 of Fluoxetine and am experiencing heightened anxiety and decreased motivation. I thought it should be starting to subside by now. I am also getting hardly any sleep, which is not helping with the jittery feelings. I seem to get a couple of hours and then wake up feeling really anxious.
    There was a slight improvement a couple of days ago, in that I don't wake up feeling unable to face the day ahead, but no further improvement in reduction of the jitters.
    Should I stick it out? Is it likely to get better? I preferred the way I felt off the pills to feeling like this!

Re: Initial Side Effects

Hi Katie
    Prozac is a very slow working drug. It will only just be getting into your system and can take between 6 and 12 weeks to see any improvements.

Re: Initial Side Effects

Hi
    im new to this forum but have been going through similar to you. Im on day 15 fluoxetine (after 8 weeks on citalopram which caused massive fatigue over and above all the other stuff). The first week on flu gave me a real burst of energy which was a bonus. However the jittery feelings ive had all the way through got much worse and visibly noticeable. I spoke to my dr who gave me propanolol which def eased the jitters although I still have the underlying nausea but thats easier to cope with and I did need to lose some weight ( ok so maybe not over 1.5 stn in five weeks but im trying to look on that as a silver lining!:-) )

I keep reading advice from this forum to stick with it as it seems for us its early days even if it does feel like a lifetime. I guess we can only listen to others who have been through it who say it will eventually get better.
    Keep going, focus on the day when you will feel better. Please update us as you go, maybe itll help us both to keep going knowing we're not on our own. Take care x

Thread Information