Thread: Propanolol 80mg x 1 (Advicee needed) - Anziety?? Depression??

Propanolol 80mg x 1 (Advicee needed) - Anziety?? Depression??

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm in denial here, but dont really no if I have anxiety. I used to take propanolol few years back but didn't really need it after a short while. I came off the drink at the weekend there (which will be happening all together from now on). I had a massive panic attack, etc and now the doctor has prescribed me Propanolol 80mg x2 although I'm only taking x1 in the morning. I'm not very enthusastic about going down the medication route to be honest. I have taken three doses of this but have read that under no circumstances have you to withdraw from taking these without speaking with your doctor. I also have slight depression now and again and have been referred for a physchiatric assessment. Could you please provide any helpful advice? Also, can I excercise excesively whilst taking these tablets surely Propanolol slowing the heart rate down and Cardio speeding the hear rate up can't be good for the body??

Cheers
    Scott

Re: Propanolol 80mg x 1 (Advicee needed) - Anxiety?? Depression??

Quote Originally Posted by scottm426 View Post
    Propanolol 80mg x 1 (Advicee needed) - Anziety?? Depression??
    Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm in denial here, but dont really no if I have anxiety. I used to take propanolol few years back but didn't really need it after a short while. I came off the drink at the weekend there (which will be happening all together from now on). I had a massive panic attack, etc and now the doctor has prescribed me Propanolol 80mg x2 although I'm only taking x1 in the morning. I'm not very enthusastic about going down the medication route to be honest. I have taken three doses of this but have read that under no circumstances have you to withdraw from taking these without speaking with your doctor. I also have slight depression now and again and have been referred for a physchiatric assessment. Could you please provide any helpful advice? Also, can I excercise excesively whilst taking these tablets surely Propanolol slowing the heart rate down and Cardio speeding the hear rate up can't be good for the body??

Cheers
    Scott

Propranolol made me feel horrible and I only took about 20mg a day, 80mg slow release tablets made me take a whitey and I was sick, chalk white so never took them again.

If it's depression you would be best speaking to your doctor again and propranolol won't help with that.

Re: Propanolol 80mg x 1 (Advicee needed) - Anziety?? Depression??

Hi Scott,
    I too am on propanolol for anxiety and have taken up swimming, I regulary do 64 lengths of the pool (1 mile) and have had no problems and even find I feel much better afterwards and it helps relax me and helps me sleep.

Good luck!

Adam

Re: Propanolol 80mg x 1 (Advicee needed) - Anziety?? Depression??

Hi i have been taking 40mg for a while now with no side affects! The doc did say though if you wanna do really intense exercise you might wanna skip the tab because the tablet will be fighting against the exercise and may not be beneficial. She also said thati i can just stop taking it anytime without tapering.. so i have now dropped to 10mg dose and still fine.. hope that helps.. All docs say diff things. This stuff does work though. x

Thread Information